Path rule in TS2010

pwjohnson

What path rules work in TS2010? According to various posts it seems that brummfondel's path control doesn't work in TS2009, so I tried mutton's (builtin) rule. In TS2010 you can add this rule under Edit Session, but when you try to edit it you just get a window with Path Rule at the top and nothing else useful to click on. In TS2009 you do get a field in the panel (in French) which you can click on and go from there (assuming you can translate...), but this field doesn't appear under TS2010.

Edit: I'm using TS2010 with no SPs.

Last edited:
What path rules work in TS2010?

Edit: I'm using TS2010 with no SPs.

PJ: That is quite interesting. I have SP3 build 44088 and the first time I tried to use the Path Rule ( just tried it now after seeing your post) I got some French words in black, very hard to read.

After fiddling around for a bit I tried it again and got the same result as you did. I then tried to import the TRS2004 version and it said that I cannot overwrite a builtin asset. So I went back to 2004 and increased the kuid level from 1 to 2 and the import went in ok. I can now operate the rule, but the text is still black, and the script is encrypted so I can't change it.

When I hover the mouse over the text a tool tip appears so it is not a writeoff.

The sequence of the text is as follows:

Add New Yard. Clicking that produces a grey button with a junction on it.
Click the button and new text appears: Add New Path.
Clicking the text presents another button with a triangle pointing right.
Next to the triangle are four words of text, one under another:
Name
Junction
Signal
Release

To set up the rule click the Name text and assign an appropriate name.
Then click the junction text and select the first junction in the path. Three buttons appear on the right with the three possible directions to choose.
Continue adding junctions.
Next, click the release text and select the trigger, trackmark or junction buttons to the right and nominate a target which will release the path.

The signal text is to select a signal at the begining of the path. The red X is for removing the path or junction etc.

Hope this helps - Trevor

Hi Trevor - thanks for your reply. Interesting that it worked at first and then stopped. Doesn't exactly fill one full of confidence, does it?

I haven't got TRS2004 installed any more, but both TRS2006 and TS2010 have the path rule as kuid2:71155:60006:1. I'll try reinstalling as per your method tomorrow and see if I get the same. (I assume you're already aware of the documentation of the rule on mutton's website, at http://www.mutton.de/trainz/pathrule/. Odd that the description's in English, but the rule's in French!)

If it doesn't work I guess I'll have to start applying the SPs - I was trying to avoid that for the time being in view of the adverse comments.

Thanks again - Peter

Peter,

I have TS2010 SP3 (Build 43434) - Path Rule works fine - except that it's in French and the text is black on a darkish blue, not the most readable!

I'm wondering if yours might be a graphics issue - could be worth trying switching OpenGL to DirectX, or vice versa, and see if that makes any difference. (I'm using OpenGL).

Chris

Odd that the description's in English, but the rule's in French!)

If it doesn't work I guess I'll have to start applying the SPs - I was trying to avoid that for the time being in view of the adverse comments.

Thanks again - Peter

Peter - When I looked at the original config.txt there didn't seem to be any English string table although the description was readable in English. That's why I was trying to overwrite it. I do know about the website, but thought this might help other users who are new to Trainz.

When I received my 2010 earlier this month it was at build 42203. I decided to patch it "up front" and only had to apply one patch to bring it up to build 44088. Because there wasn't anything in the local database it only took an hour or so to complete, much to my surprise.

When I "get round to it" I will try to get Brummfondel's Path Control working in 2010, but I actually don't like using paths as they don't release any junctions until the train has crossed the release target (as far as I remember, haven't used jsTRF for a long time now).

Good luck - Trevor

Hi Chris and Trevor - I really appreciate your help.

I tried swapping between OpenGL and DirectX, but no joy.

I was able to save the Path Rule to cdp and reinstall it, but no joy there either (not quite sure why that might have helped, but you never know).

So I guess that as you're both on much later builds than me (mine is 41491) the obvious thing to try next is to upgrade to SP3. I'll report back when I've done it.

Peter

Well, we're in business! Upgraded to build 44088, and now I get the lovely (!) black text - albeit in French, with 3 words split over 6 lines! Still, looks like I can make progress now.

Many thanks for your help, Trevor and Chris.

Peter

Peter are you aware that there is an update to the path rule available on the DLS ?
This fixes the french language problem,(well it did for me).Look for kuid2:71155:60006:3.
The jsTRF-Path Control Rule does work in TS2010 build 44088, except when going from surveyor to driver via the quick drive option. This creates script errors. You have to exit surveyor back to the routes menu, and select driver from there.

Andyz

Thanks Andy. I've since moved to the JS (brummfondel) path rule, and that (after a lot of messing around!) is now working fine for me, on build 44088 as you say.

Peter

G'day All,
I have been following this thread with interest and thought I would try it, so of I went into a route and start setting things up. Got the path set and tried to get the AI to go there, went to the entry signal and sat there saying it was waiting for clearance so I took controle of it and drove it and the path was fine......later and after some more reading I found that you needed to set the entry signal in the path rule, all of the signals were NOT named and I was suprised upon searching through my routes at just how many had unnamed signals.
In MSTS it was a lot easier to set a path but it did have some drawbacks as well.
So if the signals are un named you will have to clone the route and then name the signals yourself.
Just thought I would pass this on as I spent quite some time trying several things including a rule for entering a junction, forgot it's name but the route had so many junctions that all would not show in the selection menue as it was not scrolable.:'( This would have been OK as it allowed the AI to enter the junctions and carry on to the next one so you would need to set all the junctions using this rule and as you cannot access the hidden part of the selection menue that was useless to, pity as it worked.
Regards
Barrie

Edit:- I named the major signals and tried the rule again but the AI go to the entry signal and sit there waiting for permission? I must be doing something wrong but it has got me fooled.
, all signals are green and all points are set OK.

Last edited:
Back