Padster Pics: Bendale village

Padster

Returned...
Here are more pics from the great county of Padstershire. I know I said I would post weekly, but Christmas kinda got in the way.

Anyway, here in Padstershire we have started to produce our own postcards. They are intended for sale to travellers to prove to their relatives that they have actually been here. (Padstershire cannot be found on any map, and most tourists stumble across it by mistake)

Here we go.

The village of Bendale. Bendale is a survivor. It has been in several of my routes and is the oldest part of Padstershire. It has had several names: Bengan-y-afon, Bendale and Salton, and now, Bendale. Check out Bendale's earlier incarnation in the Moving Images part 1 video.
PadPic23-1.jpg

Why the name Bendale? Well, the village isn't named after the river which runs through it, but rather my Border Terrier, Ben!

Here is a pic of Perks Crossing. It is named after the character Bernard Cribbins played in The Railway Children, which as you know was filmed on the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway (All together now, Trainzers: "Yes Padster, we know you're a member")
PadPic24-1.jpg

The River Ben. I hired a boat, in case you were wondering......
PadPic25-1.jpg

Bendale station at night. No, Network Rail hasn't been causing delays again. We do actually run trains at night.
PadPic26.jpg

Last one for now. Time for some hanky-panky/crumpet/nookie for the residents methinks!
PadPic27.jpg

More soon.

Best wishes,
Padster

I think the postcards did the trick - it made me want to visit anyway. I can see the pub, but is there a nice B&B that does full English?

Paul

Back