Ouch. My arm hurts.

Alan_Yeomans

Heya everyone,

How was your xmas and NY?

Ive had a few messages asking where i am and what I'm doing, so i thought i would post of my latest adventures for those that may be interested.
I completed my move back to Sydney, before xmas and had a great chrissy and NY with the family and friends. Ate too much, but thats par for the course. :)
On the 2nd Jan, i decided to join the local gym, to get fit, having given away the durries late last year. Frustratingly, I fell quite badly onto my left arm and did a great job of braking it. Shattered elbow, both bones in lower left arm broken, broken hand and ripped nerves. This required surgery and multiple visits to the hospital, and could be many months before i regain full movement in the hand, though the thumb may never be the same again...
On the trainz front, I do still have half a dozen layouts I would like to get finished one day, though atm, my PC is still in boxes.
You will still see me floating around the forums from time to time, though I don't check my pm's much and the notificaton's go to an email i no longer access.
I hope everyone is well, and I'll be keen to check out some new layouts when i decide to get my PC happening.

Stay happy. :D

Alan

Hi Alan
It's really great to hear from you. I hate to hear about your arm and I hope your recovery goes well although I know it'll probably take awhile.
We sure miss having you around and do hope that when you get your PC out of those boxes, that you'll be around more often.
Good luck to you in your future endeavors.
Mike

Silly boy! You're supposed to wear a skid lid and crash padding when you roller blade! :hehe:

I hope you're right-handed or it could be a long difficult to read recovery.

Good to hear from ya anyway.

Take care mate.

Cheers

Nix

so that's why we haven't seen you around in awhile.

We miss you on IRC :D :'( :p

Hope you had a good one Alan.

Dave

Hi Alan,

Sorry to hear about the bad start on this year - hope you will end up fully healed.
Good to hear your still alive and kicking - even if it is maybe your self your kicking due to the mishap with the body falling down. :)

Stay well and when Trainz call you, you answer it I hope. ;) After all, Trainz can be very demanding on a person not giving in for the calls of this great program - at least I learned to answer the call of the program when it tells me to get into it. LOL

Best wishes from a not so cold as normal (thankfully) Norway

Linda

Moving

Hi Alan,
Yeah, moving... I have done that a few times... hope it went well.

Look after yourself and don't keep falling over - it hurts....!!

Thanks for everything you did for me while you could, much appreciated.

Be well and my regards to your family.

Angela

Still no durries? Wowo!

Mate, sorry to hear about your arm! Both bones is like, all of them and sounds like in your case a few more too!
Have to agree with Nat, as I expect you well knew I would. :hehe:

Only jokes, I am sure you didn't deserve that fall!

Be talking to you, Alan, until then...

~R~

Alan_Yeomans said:
i decided to join the local gym, to get fit

Mate...If you think your out of shape I'd hate to know what you think I am:hehe:

Bad luck with the arm though, hope it gets all better, although you will need to spend more time creating routes and the like in Trainz to help get movement back, good excuse to use anyway:p

Also, congratulations on kicking the habit and having the guts to move back to Sydney, as nice as it is I'd much prefer not to live there again since my move to Orange...no doubt I will have to in future though:(

Tom
________
marijuana

Last edited:
He liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiveees! Just when I though he'd fallen off the earth he returns, as for the arm, I certainly hope your right handed and that you have a LHD car:hehe:

WileeCoyote:D

Hey! Nice to see ya!:wave:

Ouch...worse that my dads arm. He dropped a porcelain toilet on his and it cut straight down to the bone...didn't hit a single vein.:eek: :confused:
First time he went to the in an ambulance to the hospital.:hehe:

Nice to see your still here...not in good shape but here.:cool:

Cheers,
Adam
TCS Route Builder

Alan,

Nice to read that you are still thinking of us, and hope your arm heals quickly !

A side note, your thread brought Dave back (dh2k3), if only to say "hello".
I had been wondering if he was still around, hadn't read from him here or at TPR lately.

Get healed and stop by often ---DLR

Alan,

Nice to read that you are still thinking of us, and hope your arm heals quickly !

A side note, your thread brought Dave back (dh2k3), if only to say "hello".
I had been wondering if he was still around, hadn't read from him here or at TPR lately.

Get healed and stop by often ---DLR

He's on IRC chat just about every day :p

Cheers,
John

Back