Nickel Plate High Speed Freight Set

steve123

Is it possible to get a digital download to keep with all other Trainz payware purchase's rather than having to re-download Nickel Plate High Speed Freight Set very time you reformat your computer, why is it not a downloadable archive like most other Auran/N3V payware

Simple, to back up your DLC save the userdata packages folder. To add to a new install copy your saved packages folder to replace the empty one on the new install and run a QDR.

Yes Malc that is one way but it is much more simple to allow the payware to be downloaded like all other payware so you have it on call in a safe location without having to re- download it from N3V, which would also mean having to have a FCT, it also raises the question as to how many times i can download it from N3V before i have to pay more money for a product the i have already paid for.
there should be an option when purchasing to be able to archive it with a product key to install it.
If i have paid for something i want it on file to use at my bec and call, and not having to download it every time.
If you save it with Userdata you might also be installing a lot of assets you don't won't as well

Yes Malc that is one way but it is much more simple to allow the payware to be downloaded like all other payware so you have it on call in a safe location without having to re- download it from N3V, which would also mean having to have a FCT, it also raises the question as to how many times i can download it from N3V before i have to pay more money for a product the i have already paid for.
there should be an option when purchasing to be able to archive it with a product key to install it.
If i have paid for something i want it on file to use at my bec and call, and not having to download it every time.
If you save it with Userdata you might also be installing a lot of assets you don't won't as well

Yes but if you save the packages folder and zip it, all you have to do on a new install is unzip it to the userdata folder you don't have to download it again, Unless of course N3V change the content of the DLC.
I actually have tested this out, it works period.

Not perfect but you don't need to download it again.

Last edited:
Not sure what folder you are saving and zipping Malc, can you explain the method in a bit more detail please

No, as the packages folder can be kept separate and backed up/restored separately to the Local and Original folders.

Shane

Shane can you please explain where i will find the Nickel Plate asset in userdata in more detail please, nomally i just install the hole userdata folder , but if i can pick and choose the assets i wish to install that would be handy

Back