NEW Loco Builder in USA

kws4000

Local Knucklehead
Wait for it.....

engine_angled_medium.jpg

The Knoxville Locomotive Works with their KLW20B, what appears to be a sharpened 3rd Gen GP20 maserquading as a SD45 or a PR43C.

http://www.knoxvillelocomotiveworks.com/

http://www.knoxvillelocomotiveworks.com/KLW20B_flyer.pdf

Knoxville Locomotive works is a division of:

Gulf & Ohio Railways, Inc.
Information
  • Founded in 1985 with headquarters in Knoxville, TN
  • Currently operates eight shortline railroads in Alabama, North Carolina, and Tennessee, a locomotive repair shop and a tourist train ride
  • Total number of employees: 80 full & part time
  • Total miles of track owned: 250 miles
  • Total number of locomotives: 51 (including a steam engine)
  • Total number of rail cars: 231 cars
  • Total number of industrial customers: 78
What is a shortline railroad?
  • A shortline railroad is the connection between a Class I railroad (Norfolk Southern, CSX, etc.) and local industry. A Class I will deliver rail cars to the shortline to switch and deliver to the customer.
  • With offices and managers in the community, shortlines demonstrate outstanding customer service on a local level.
Therefore, they are not a new company since they have been in business 26 years.

Have fun,

the KLW is a subsidiary and the fact that they are going to offer EMD 4axle rebuilds that are EPA compliant is new - they are a new builder in this field.

Ouch...

:cool: They need to round all the corners on the nose of that demo, bumping into that nose could hurt, maybe leave a mark!:confused:

Advocates...sometimes...

:cool: Lawyers & insurance companies control this nation, it won't be long before the modifications will be justified!:hehe:

Now I understand why a radius is applied by GE & EMD, and it looks better too.:wave:

There are pictures on the web that show a Knoxville rebuild with the side panels open...I would like to see them use a graphic of that scene applied to the carbody.:D

The use of the EMD Series 8 & 12V710 Eco engine assures the sound of EMD will continue on for these rebuilds for decades!;)

Back