New CP Route In Wisconsin WIP

Was in town for a lil bit but didnt have much time to RR fan, so I took a quick spin down to Grand Crossing to see what kind of action was in store for us and what was going on today.....

When I got down there I seen the La Crosse, WI - Portage, WI Road Switcher 586 leaving the yard at La Crosse and he heads east to start the day...Power for 586 today is one of SOO LINES SD40-2's

Also at Grand Crossing but on the BNSF side we see
the hot Z-train from Chicago headed for St Paul....Train Z-CHCSTP waits at Grand Crossing for a tie gang to clear up in the yard before it heads north to St Paul

While Z-CHCSTP sits on the main at Grand Crossing, 586 gets the clear to head across the diamond

With the tie gang in the clear, the CHCSTP gets a green to head over the diamond and continue north for St Paul

A big east bound train 282 rolls on thru Duplainville racing towards Chicago with 3 CP AC4400's....It will slow up in Milwaukee to do a 16 car pickup out of Muskego yard....The train will tack the 16 cars onto its train and will head out of the yard towards Chicago once it is done

Ha ha ha....Yeah...This one was set a lil bit before them floods....lol

With the new crew on board from Portage...Train 398 is seen here at Duplainville where it is about to cross Duplainville Rd and head towards Chicago....With two SD40-2s and a "Red Barn" for power on this E/B Grain train.

Goes with this pic here
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=156537&nseq=114

Last time I checked I think the black cylindricals are for cement and stuff and the "shiny shiny" ones are for grain.....? Ah...no matter, very nice pictures!

Hows this to start it off:

Unlike it's counterpart, the Empire Builder #7 screeches to a stop above the Wisconsin River for a stop at Wisconsin Dells.....Normally it would have met the eastbound #8 train already, but because of it's 13-hour delay, that meet won't occur until later tonight....The engineering crew on board this train have quite the view over the Wisconsin River during the Wisconsin Dells station stop.....Summer was in full swing, busy, and rather a sensory overload in the downtown area of the Dells.

This is the area that this pic was taken in (not my pic)

Can I suggest getting the P42's from Amtrak Trainz? (same place the Superliners came from) What you've got in your Screenshot are P32's, which work the North-east Corridor, plus, the P42's are newer and have more realistic textures

Apart from that, it looks top notch and there's definitely a resemblance between your pics and the real ones

Jamie

Empty coal hoppers cycle back west for another load....This train serves the Columbia coal plant near Portage and is handed back to the BNSF in the Twin Cities.....We caught CP train #883 here at Wisconsin Dells

The ones you showed in the photo is a P32-8WH, whereas the one in the screenshot, numbers 714 and 715 are P32AC-DM's, which run on the North-east Corridor. GE P42's have numbers between 1 and 207, whereas the P32AC-DM's have numbers between 700 and 717.

Jamie

Three SD40-2's power todays CP 484 at Duplainville here as it rolls south from Portage, WI to Bensenville, IL

Crossing Springdale Rd

The La Crosse - Tomah Patrol is seen here working the Stella-Jones complex near Bangor, WI after working in Sparta

After setting out the gondolas that will be loaded up with ties....The train runs light thru Bangor and heads back to La Crosse to tie up for the day

Here we catch The La Crosse - Tomah Patrol G72 shoving some cars up to a lumber yard here in Sparta Wi....The centerbeam load came off the UP and the CP spotted this and the 2 boxcars here...After spotting these loads, the train will go back to the siding and get the rest of its train and head to Bangor to work Stella Jones

Last edited:
Thanx, yeah ill have to fix that up some. Was going to tweak it up a little. Wanted to get some stuff done quick but didn't go back to fix it. But thanx for the comment Steve. Portage yard is still up in the air. Lol. :hehe:

Looks awesome WCL! In reference to changing the Amtrak units, I don't recommend it. Those may be the wrong series of numbers, but the models are much more pleasing to the eye. They don't have that plastic look the other ones have, they also sit the correct height above the rail.

Great work so far!

Cheers,
Woody

Today we have a meet at Bangor with CP train 391 an empty grain train that is in the siding waiting for train 882 a loaded unit coal train for the Columbia Power Plant near Portage, WI.

Two CP AC's hustle a 7200 foot #198 back up to track speed after departing the La Crosse yard as it heads towards Chicago

Back