New CP Route In Wisconsin WIP

Caught train UP MADWI

The UP's Adams, WI - Winona, MN wayfreight leaves UP tracks and enters the CP tunnel at Tunnel City, WI.

After passing through the CP tunnel at Tunnel City, WI, the UP's Adams, WI - Winona, MN train gets on double-track at Raymor and heads west.

One of CP's hottest Trains is 198...As we catch it here at a few places between La Crosse and Wisconsin Dells as its lead by 2 of the CP's all time AC44's

Coming thru La Crosse

At Grand Crossing where the CP crosses the BNSF

Coming thru West Salem

Coming thru Wisconsin Dells with a bald eagle going up and down the Wisconsin River looking for some food

A CP ballast train makes its way north at New Lisbon, heading for Mathys ballast pit near Mosinee

Running on time today....Amtrak's number 7, the Empire Builder, makes a quick stop here at Wisconsin Dells before heading west towards Minnesota

Two SOO SD60s bring Coke Loads towards Milwaukee, where the CN will make the run in to pick them up and take them to Green Bay.

Here we catch the 2 SD60s making its way thru La Crosse

Screaming thru the small town of West Salem

Coming out of Sparta we catch the loads ducking under the old UP line here at Ginger Rd

The Unit Coke Train from Roseport, MN is seen here on the Fort McCoy military reservation......The track near me is a spur track that leads into the base.....Train photography in the Ft. McCoy area is always interesting. While waiting for this train, a convoy of Guardsmen with M16s at the ready drove past while Blackhawk helicopters passed overhead. Automatic gunfire was soon heard off in the distance and the sounds of M1A2's were also heard

The coke train makes its way thru the small town of Tunnel City...This is where the UP line comes in and UP has trackage rights on the CP...The track near me is the UP line.....Four trespassers were inside the CP Tunnel when the train passed through....A cop was near by and went back through the tunnel to check on the 1 adult and 3 kids.....All were alright and all disappeared quickly.

Making pretty good time....The coke train zips thru the city of Tomah...The Amtrak Empire Builder trains 7-8 make a stop here

Our last stop for the day was here at Wisconsin Dells...The 2 SOO SD60s head over the scenic Wisconsin River....Sure was nice to see a pair of Soo engines on this train today

After we stopped chasing them here, we took our time to admire this great town and make our way back towards La Crosse.....Thank goodness there were 2 of us and I got the pleasure on riding back on Amtrak train number 7

Now I just have to some how get more of this route done by heading east out of the Dells...Still trying to figure this area out....But will be a lil hard as one does not know the area to well and will have to try and go off of maps to get it right

The UP's Adams, WI - Winona, MN wayfreight leaves UP tracks and enters the CP tunnel at Tunnel City, WI. This train has had the same engines for years.....UP 2018 and UP 2024

The La Crosse, WI - Portage, WI Road Switcher 586 leaves the yard at La Crosse and heads east to start the day as it bangs over the crossing of the BNSF at Grand Crossing.....First spot where this train will work is at West Salem.....This train, along with its Westbound counterpart (587), will soon be eliminated....

Looking great WCL! How many miles have you covered so far? Any more comparison pic? :p They're the best haha.

George

Looking great WCL! How many miles have you covered so far? Any more comparison pic? :p They're the best haha.

George

Well so far I only got from La Crosse to Wisconsin Dells done.....I am having a lil bit of a brain fart on the tracks that go east from the Dells....I am still trying to figure out some track laying east of the Dells, but the maps I have and on here are a pain in the butt....So I might have to make up a few miles of freelance....But should still look pretty good.....

As for comparison pix...I shall see what I can do to get the real pix and TRS pix once

Thanx for looking :Y:

George

Hows this to start it off:

Unlike it's counterpart, the Empire Builder #7 screeches to a stop above the Wisconsin River for a stop at Wisconsin Dells.....Normally it would have met the eastbound #8 train already, but because of it's 13-hour delay, that meet won't occur until later tonight....The engineering crew on board this train have quite the view over the Wisconsin River during the Wisconsin Dells station stop.....Summer was in full swing, busy, and rather a sensory overload in the downtown area of the Dells.

This is the area that this pic was taken in (not my pic)

Back