My custom Stations

Isaacg

Hey everyone!

I've been making custom railway stations, and I thought that I'd just start a totally new thread for it, because there are a few stations I'm creating.

Here's whats in the list:

London Blackfriar's Station

London St. Pancras International Station

Milwaukee(WI) Railway Station

Lorton(VA) AutoTrain Terminal

New York City(NY) New Penn Station

I've only got Blackfriar's and St Pancras International going at the moment. I'm just doing these whenever I FEEL like doing them. I could use any suggestions and stuff, but I can't garuntee any requests.

Here's the screenshots:

BLACKFRIARS

Blackfriars_Station_GMAX_1.jpg

Blackfriars_Station_GMAX_4.jpg

Blackfriars_Station_GMAX_3.jpg

Blackfriars_Station_GMAX_2.jpg

ST PANCRAS INTERNATIONAL

StPancras2.jpg

StPancras1.jpg

StPancras3.jpg

Cheers!
Isaac

@cjgeddes: Like I said, I don't have actual release dates. I can't estimate when it'll be done either.

@bulldog1653: I'll have to think about it, it looks rather complicated.

@cjgeddes: Like I said, I don't have actual release dates. I can't estimate when it'll be done either.
oops, didnt see that.
Could you make the Southern Cross Station in Victoria, Australia, please?

@cjgeddes: It's ok. As for the Southern X Railway Station, I'll have to see. Judging by the photos, it'd be a very long project. The roofing would be really complicated to do.

As for the Southern X Railway Station, I'll have to see. Judging by the photos, it'd be a very long project. The roofing would be really complicated to do.
why not use the old roof, its like your blackfriars, the old roof is

I may do it. I've got St Pancras Intl, Ashford Intl, Ebbsfleet Intl, Milwaukee Intermodal, Moynihan, etc. to finish off.

Now, I believe St Pancras is ready for exportation:

StPancras5.jpg

StPancras4.jpg

LOL.... you are tab crazy! There was like six tabs running at once in that last screen... But anyways, Great looking stations!

Could you please give some details about the weight of the textures in kb and the amount of the polygons in these interesting stations?

Here is a simple one,
Wabash Depot, downtown Monticello Illinois. Just a simple small town depot.
The most difficult thing is the victorian gables. PM me if interested. I can gather photo's and tell you about it.

Greetings Isaacg :wave:

Are your stations passenger enabled? (i.e. capable of holding passenger units on platorms and loading/unloading to train carriages)

If so, and you're willing to post to DLS, I have a request for you:

A totally fictional station for my project, Halsiburg, I wanted to make the main station, Halsiburg Central, something of a signature piece, and to that end, I tried using a combination of stock platforms, platforms from DLS and AJS Station Kits (walls, pillars glass roofs etc) however those efforts have hit something of a limit.

The station is a multi-level station, 4 long distance service tracks upstairs, 2 Metro tracks downstairs, running underneath at an angle. If you look in the thread mentioned above, bottom of post 2 and the 1st pic in post 3, you'll see how it has come out so far.

The main objective is a station that is ultra modern and very posh. Architecturally similar to a modern airport terminal or something, lots of glass, lots of bright shiny structure. It would require no similarity to any real-world building, effectively giving you a blank canvas - within certain specifications of track layout, viaduct height, surface texturing of track ballast etc, which I can give you.

If you like the idea, let me know, I'd be most grateful :wave:

Last edited:
Haha, does this look posh?

It's a mock up version of Tampa Union Terminal here in my tornado and rain drenched tropical city of Tampa, 'Public of Florida in the US.

TUS_New.jpg

It's got the moderne architecture of an airport, and it's got interior stuff like palms, benches, pillars, shoppes, ticket vendors, escalators, lifts, etc. I'd have to make the metro station(or terminal, whichever you like) separate from the main terminal. You might have to supply storefront photos for me, because I'm going to be busy with constructing the main terminal building.

I can create the station in pieces:
Main Terminal
Trainshed Canopy(If you'd like it flat, vaulted, etc.)
Metro Station(I need to know the width between the platforms I'll need because of the tracks, etc.

As for the SP1 Passenger Enablation, That's out of my jurisprudence... I'll have to learn more about that

He he, just replace "Tampa Union" with "Halsiburg Central" and that would almost be enough :cool: You're definately in the right neighborhood with that pic :udrool:

I can probably do without passenger enabling, and simply reuse my existing bare passenger platforms, so if you can't make passenger enabled platforms, no big deal. The structure is the most important thing.

In any case, I'll get together full specifications for the station and send you a PM. There shouldn't be any need for photos, since there is no requirement for any similarity to any existing building whatsoever, but you will need screenshots of how the Metro interacts with the mainline, I'll make sure you get all of that.

I will send you the first PM giving a detailed description of the existig station, the tracks being used, the layout of the tracks. (and how the new station should fit in as a replacement) and will send screenies later on.

Back