Mow equipment

How does it do that?

That is a magnificent machine tho. I would like one when I grow up.

what about the other MOW equipment on the other pages on the web site?

MOW is Maintenance Of Way as mentioned in the other thread. That is an interesting image in that thread, I have never seen anything like it.

Craig
:):):)
Well thanks I looked up MOW on google.

Last edited:
Maintenance of way equipment to Re sets and re-ballasts the track
Regards bob V
Are you realy sure about that?

We got something similar at job. and im pretty sure its a cable-ditch digger.My point there is the rotating showel.
Digging a 40 cm wide ditch, to place concrete elements, for communication cables, lights etc.

I might be wrong, but its just my wiew.

Lars

MOW equipment

Hi,
I agree with cadylars, It is for laying cables along side the rail, mostly for signals and switches, the conveyor belt over the top of the machine can be extended to load a wagon being pushed along in front of it. When full the wagon is towed away, usually by a motorised jigger and replaced with an empty wagon. I have seen a video of it in operation.

Cheers,
Bill69

You mean this belt
Click on the picture to get a better view.

Edit:Tcksb (the person who uploaded those pictures) said that he didn't know what they where for. Maybe we could give him suggestions.

Last edited:
You mean this belt
Click on the picture to get a better view.

Edit:Tcksb (the person who uploaded those pictures) said that he didn't know what they where for. Maybe we could give him suggestions.

Good Boy Ben, you found the Belt;)

On our machines, those are slided underneath the Diggers engine.
When we pull the belt out, we can turn them almost 60 degrees to each side, so the gondola or hopper, can actually be on a second track.
Or we can use dump truck, if the location allows it

I didnt see one in the photos, but we also got a machine who follows this one.
It places the concrete elements and can even put the lid on.
It also backfills
These concrete elements are put on a conveyor belt, and just falls into place.

Lars

I wonder how they make the concrete elements fall into place.

I wonder if somebody could make all of these MOW machines only make them with aminated couplings and/or UK style.

By the way what's the name of these marvels.

Last edited:
Yes you did mention the conveyor belt but the end seems incredibly high up to be accurate.

Is this the "Get Lars Day"?
Youre tearing on my temper, ben.:eek: .

You got to start reading the posts, before saying something as stupid as this.

If you read my post, you will soon se this:
SNIP" I didnt see one in the photos, but we also got a machine who follows this one.
It places the concrete elements and can even put the lid on.
It also backfills
These concrete elements are put on a conveyor belt, and just falls into place."SNIP

Last edited:
Sorry if I am getting on your nerves.

and by the way it isn't get Lars day.

I think that I am tiard that's all.

By the way why is it in prototype talk.

Last edited:
Perhaps because it's a discussion about real railway operations. I see you're still not thinking before posting :sleep:

Why did they call it MoW?

I know what it means but why make the M and the W Captial?

Why not MOW?

Or mow?

I' m not sure what the rule is, but the words "of" and "for" (and probably a few others) are usually represented by a lower case letter when they're contained in an abbreviation. Two examples we have here in the UK would be the Ministry of Defence and the Department for Transport (MoD and DfT). There are plenty of others though.

JB

I' m not sure what the rule is, but the words "of" and "for" (and probably a few others) are usually represented by a lower case letter when they're contained in an abbreviation. Two examples we have here in the UK would be the Ministry of Defence and the Department for Transport (MoD and DfT). There are plenty of others though.

JB

Oh, Thanks for clearing that up.

There are some MoW equipment on the DLS, I took some screenshots yesterday but I have not uploaded them yet to post here. We could do with some more ;) ;) hint hint hint :hehe: :hehe:

I had a look at the sites Lars listed and I am amazed at the equipment shown, I am sure Australia has some of these it's just that I have not seen them. There are no trains where I live :'( :'( . Also, and I think this happens in many other countries, some of these machines may be hired by different countries. For example I have heard of some states in Australia hiring from Germany the machine to make tunnels. The last major railway I thin built in Australia was in central Australia and it is possible equipment such as this was hired.

Craig
:):):)

Hi Craig.

Those are just a few i had in my favorites list.
You would be amazed of all the different tools and machines we got.
Youre absolutely right about the germans, they are THE biggest, when it comes to rails.
I will take some more shots at work one of these days, and post them.

Lars

Btw. did you see the video sections?
Some pretty heavy lawn movers there.

Hi Craig.

Those are just a few i had in my favorites list.
You would be amazed of all the different tools and machines we got.
Youre absolutely right about the germans, they are THE biggest, when it comes to rails.
I will take some more shots at work one of these days, and post them.

Lars

Btw. did you see the video sections?
Some pretty heavy lawn movers there.

Whoa! You will start new project work on MoW? Wow that awesome of you:)! And which those is payware or freeware?

Back