Motorbreath's Sins or Skins? (big pics)

The last few made it to the DLS, but we all know the DLS will not support 06 content for long. The cars I have modelled have been reskins of Joe Ramos' original model. They have gone home to RRMods. Thank you, Joe for hosting them. I still don't think my skins are up to par with what RRMods does, but I am honored to have them there. So go get a mediocre free boxcar or two, and buy an amazing loco or two. Not to mention the other great rollingstock and locos hosted there. The freeware alone is amazing, the payware locos are the best around.

Been a while here...

I will have some new hi-res ground textures up on the DLS in a week or so. I have a few to tweak and a few more I would like to make. Ground textures are my latest obsession since I tend to place most of my cameras at human level, making low-res textures look pixelated and blurry.

trainz2011-01-0317-43-42-76.jpg

trainz2011-01-0316-55-52-58.jpg

trainz2011-01-0315-11-12-56.jpg

Last edited:
Great stuff Jimi, I'll download those and use em in a heartbeat mate they look awsome.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Yeah, I can't make any green grass from my own pics yet. Other than that, they are the easiest thing ever to do, at least photo textures are. If anyone wants to offer up some pics of rock cuts, soil, gravel, anything really, I'll knock out a few. One thing I really do need badly is a pic or two of roadside rock cuts where you can see the drill lines. There aren't many here aside from ones near the interstate, and I'm not risking that since I seem to get in trouble with the law for nearly anything. If anyone lives in an Eastern US area and can get a few good hi-res pics I would be very grateful.

Been a while here...

I will have some new hi-res ground textures up on the DLS in a week or so. I have a few to tweak and a few more I would like to make. Ground textures are my latest obsession since I tend to place most of my cameras at human level, making low-res textures look pixelated and blurry.

< Pictures Removed>

Very Nice! :D

If it is no trouble, could you PM me some instructions on making ground textures please?

Thankyou very much,

Chris :wave:

If anyone wants to offer up some pics of rock cuts, soil, gravel, anything really, I'll knock out a few. One thing I really do need badly is a pic or two of roadside rock cuts where you can see the drill lines.

I'll make a Note to stop on my next trip to kingston and Take a bunch of photos for you, Since that's basically all it looks like around here!

That reminds me, I took side and end shots of a D&H boxcar at Steamtown for you to do a skin if you wanted, I'll have to give them to you.

That reminds me, I took side and end shots of a D&H boxcar at Steamtown for you to do a skin if you wanted, I'll have to give them to you.
Sure. I haven't been messing with those much since the last batch, and I don't want to get into a bunch of them, but that sounds hard to resist.

Back