Model Railroadz

Have you a video?

That's the next stage although i've ran into a few problems.....can't get the cars to exceed 65 mph with the use of portals or in driver.With 8 cars switching and sharing lanes it will take bit of time to set something up.I'm thinking of abandoning the portals and joining the track between the stadium splines and use the 8 cars with driver commands.......I struggle with this part of trainz.

Put some invisible signals letting the larts runs the speed you want. You can get those signals on DLS. Sharing lanes, yes they can but the kart behinf will run slower than the other and it will wait near de junction. The only way is to play yous scenario in muiltiplayer mode.

Put some invisible signals letting the larts runs the speed you want. You can get those signals on DLS. Sharing lanes, yes they can but the kart behinf will run slower than the other and it will wait near de junction. The only way is to play yous scenario in muiltiplayer mode.

Hi there.yes i tried the invisible speed signals but to no avail.....Since it's only a bit of fun i'm giving each kart it's own unique track so they can lane share but again it's getting the correct speed on each kart to avoid collisions.Since 8 Karts will be sharing two lanes for a good part of the race i should have added more crossovers (a lot more). I'll set it up and shoot a short vid then build a better set up which allows for more lane changing.....regards Hotgrove.

The top speed is limited by the engine file used; Auran's GP38 one. Using a different engine file would help. Also if you delete the two lines,

anim "anim.KIN"
auto-create 1

from the mesh table of the config file for the kart bogey you will get correct rotation.

I assume you used Ray Wiley's double white line for the slots, but what did you use for the track itself?

The top speed is limited by the engine file used; Auran's GP38 one. Using a different engine file would help. Also if you delete the two lines,

anim "anim.KIN"
auto-create 1

from the mesh table of the config file for the kart bogey you will get correct rotation.

I assume you used Ray Wiley's double white line for the slots, but what did you use for the track itself?

Double white lines you say.....OMG that would have saved me a lot of work and spared my eyes from blurred vision.I used single white lines by Engfer ( ETS Linie).For the track i used the "concrete footpaths" by station mistress.As luck would have it there is a faint line of little dots in the texture which were ideal for keeping the track straight.

slot cars are cool but trainz are still king, out of curiosity what track is that bridge? I can't find any bridges that don't look like crap when I bend them (go figure >.>)

:p I had to kitbash the absolute crap out of it. Aside from the track and supports everything under it is splines. When I get home I'll get a kuid list for ya.

A complete change of scenery for me with this one and many thanks to Felix for allowing me to alter and extend his excellent Emily Bay model Trainz layout :)

15219452330_d5e657420f_b.jpg

15219519858_f278e8c98a_b.jpg

15402939261_8cbe49f5c5_b.jpg

15406115545_a944877c22_b.jpg

15402937421_80f2601d88_b.jpg

15219455470_b6f8620472_b.jpg

Plenty to do before this is finished ;)

Last edited:
I ask my bad English to excuse. I come from Germany. For my first model railroadz I look for old railroad engines and Wagons. Can you help me?

Many thanks
Franz

Back