In search of a model

screecher

Hi, I am basically trying to search for this model that I found. On Trainz Portal, someone took a photo of it. The model I am looking for in this image is a CN U4a/GTW U4b. The tags in there also mention a CP N2b, which I know is made by CPLW, but has been removed. Where did the poster find the U4a, and is there any alternative to the N2b? Clearly, I think the U4a is a reskinned and kitbashed N&W J. I am not sure if its from Bdaneal or K&L Trainz. If it's from K&L, that means I will go reskin it myself.

This is the post: https://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=133024

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I have no clue. The textures on that reskin are really bad and low resolution. Take a look at the aliasing on the stripes and the 100% blurred logo.

I have no clue. The textures on that reskin are really bad and low resolution. Take a look at the aliasing on the stripes and the 100% blurred logo.
Gonna assume its bdaneal
Edit: nah I think it's K&L
Is there still an alternative to the CP N2b

All I know is that the CP N2b was a reskinned/kitbashed c48. I am a reskin noob and have no kitbashing knowledge
Welcome to the club. I do very little if any reskinning except for replace textures on spline walls because I wanted to replace the grass to match asphalt or dirt used on my routes.

Hi, I am basically trying to search for this model that I found. On Trainz Portal, someone took a photo of it. The model I am looking for in this image is a CN U4a/GTW U4b. The tags in there also mention a CP N2b, which I know is made by CPLW, but has been removed. Where did the poster find the U4a, and is there any alternative to the N2b? Clearly, I think the U4a is a reskinned and kitbashed N&W J. I am not sure if its from Bdaneal or K&L Trainz. If it's from K&L, that means I will go reskin it myself.

This is the post: https://www.trainzportal.com/mytrainz/view_media_post?media_post_id=133024

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg
Hi,
I was one of the creators that contributed to that model about 3-4 years ago. It was indeed a (rather crude) attempt at making a U4a, having been made from Ben Neal’s N&W J of 1941 model (with a few custom meshes made for it).
It is no longer available for download as it is extremely outdated both in terms of looks and functionality. I do however have plans of making a new one some day from scratch, though. So keep an eye out for that.
Thanks.

Hi,
I was one of the creators that contributed to that model about 3-4 years ago. It was indeed a (rather crude) attempt at making a U4a, having been made from Ben Neal’s N&W J of 1941 model (with a few custom meshes made for it).
It is no longer available for download as it is extremely outdated both in terms of looks and functionality. I do however have plans of making a new one some day from scratch, though. So keep an eye out for that.
Thanks.
I also noticed you made a GTW U1c, but you removed it as well. Maybe you can archive it and make it public for everyone to download again? Its ok if you say no

Last edited:
I also noticed you made a GTW U1c, but you removed it as well. Maybe atleast one of the makers of the model can archive it and make it public for everyone to download again?
If you would like the original models, despite their many flaws, I do believe I happen to still have my some of my old work lying around somewhere, and I could send you them in a PM. That would not be a problem with me, just let me know and I would be willing to do so.

If you would like the original models, despite their many flaws, I do believe I happen to still have my some of my old work lying around somewhere, and I could send you them in a PM. That would not be a problem with me, just let me know and I would be willing to do so.
Ok thanks! Say...what flaws are there? Oh and I also found this site that makes mostly good Canadian content called Grand Trunk Western Works, but has shut down. The maker has made high quality models or kitbashes or reskins. I think he made a U1c, a U2g, a U2e, a K5a hudson and an atsf 5000 2-10-4.

Edit: Where will the new U4 be available to download? Will you do remasters of your old models as well?
oh I now notice you're the creator of gtww

Last edited:
Back