Model Railroadz

My very much work in progress/not so faithful recreation of Per Laursen's model RR from this youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4i3Z622MeQ

WrURyLY.jpg

c0y5w0E.jpg

KoJ9wyw.jpg

C9J5nud.jpg

NAVapbY.jpg

SlklDQ4.jpg

6BKcIk4.jpg

h4DeIsn.jpg

loOWVFA.jpg

CET7AIb.jpg

A route I spent at least a day making. Been meaning to put it on the DLS for a while... Soon.
AcLaUl4.jpg

I suggest that you use the 'raise height' feature to raise those cars up so that the tires aren't sunk into the road. Hopefully you'll understand what I mean. I was having a case of 'How do I get what I'm thinking about into words.'

Last edited:
"Why did nobody ever tell me this could be fun?"

But we have! It's just that you took no notice.

Will that layout be on the Download Station? To date I seem to be one of the very few people who have actually uploaded a model trainz route. Actually, I've uploaded the most.

"Why did nobody ever tell me this could be fun?"

But we have! It's just that you took no notice.

Will that layout be on the Download Station? To date I seem to be one of the very few people who have actually uploaded a model trainz route. Actually, I've uploaded the most.

I'd have to either replace the walls and ceiling or check that it's okay to upload them, but I have a few model routes I should release.

Want shadows in a TANE based model Trainz route but don't want the walls , doors and windows surrounding the route to cast large shadows across the route ?

Open up the route config file and change the world origin to this :

world-origin
{
latitude 0,0,1
longitude 0,0,1
altitude 0
}

Midday sunlight comes straight down from above , Items will cast shadows but not far from the base of the item and no more long casted shadows from the walls surrounding the layout ;)

Last edited:
Want shadows in a TANE based model Trainz route but don't want the walls , doors and windows surrounding the route to cast large shadows across the route ?

Open up the route config file and change the world origin to this :

world-origin
{
latitude 0,0,1
longitude 0,0,1
altitude 0
}

Midday sunlight comes straight down from above , Items will cast shadows but not far from the base of the item and no more long casted shadows from the walls surrounding the layout ;)

Presents a bit of an issue if you use a ceiling though. :p Methinks a massive lightbulb is in order...

Hi trainboi --

I've given up on all the complications of adding a ceiling. Instead I now use a the sky "pommie-sky 7". It's just so much easier.

Phil

The Mid-California Railroad:
Screen%20Shot%202016-03-21%20at%206.43.18%20PM_zps990v5u3c.png
Screen%20Shot%202016-03-21%20at%206.33.45%20PM_zps00dex365.png
Screen%20Shot%202016-03-21%20at%207.13.39%20PM_zpsnw9szopf.png
Screen%20Shot%202016-03-21%20at%206.31.39%20PM_zpsowqeu1ve.png
Screen%20Shot%202016-03-21%20at%206.30.26%20PM_zpshcv2j5ux.png
Screen%20Shot%202016-03-21%20at%206.31.34%20PM_zps4hrzerex.png

This is based of the Santa Maria Valley Railroad. I saw a picture on railpictures.net of a SMVR 70-tonner shoving a flatcar with tractors on it, which inspired the 2nd and 5th screenshots. I'm sorry that I don't have the layout room stuff in yet, and that the controls are showing. The locomotive is the Club Car Item of the Month. It was later sold to the Breadwood Central railroad in Pennsylvania, and 3 other BW9's were built for that railroad. Later, they had the hoods made higher and ballast added in that space, reclassifying them as BW9T's.

Back