Made da BIG MOVE

AZRailRat

We all have things in life we say we will NEVER DO...and then we DO THEM. Since 22 came out, said I never would subscribe But after getting a new computer and faced transferring 19 and my GARGANTUAN Yuma route on to it seemed easier to jump to 22...
So signed up for Trainz22 Plus Standard. After a two hour download and a rather quick database rebuild was in business. Couple more hours loading Yuma and dependencies (over 8gigs) was up and running...For about THREE MINUTES...CRASH. Old computer took over twenty minutes to load. Now loads in 22 in less than a minute,
Next couple of days were going back and forth finding missing assets. BOTH Drivers and Surveyor crashed anywhere from after less than a minute to as long as twenty. Then along came ...411 update. WHAT HAPPENED? Now worked FOR HOURS...(so far) NO CRASHES.
I have a few questions but this is so long none of you will read the whole thing anyway, so will ask later...

Just crash and no error message? How about the log files? They might have a hint as to what happened.

Thanks martinvk. Yes NO error messages. I'll look at logs.
I spoke too soon.Two drives yesterday lasted about six minutes each then crashed. Today copied to cdp the couple of hundred bad assets and deleted. Made a few Surveyor changes replacing some rolling stock that went Missig. Tested the Amtrak Sunset Limited and container train AI schedule which loop around entire rout continually.After an hour of Surveyor and over hour driving not a single crash...Go figure.

... bad assets and deleted. Made a few Surveyor changes replacing some rolling stock that went Missig. Tested the Amtrak Sunset Limited and container train AI schedule which loop around entire rout continually.After an hour of Surveyor and over hour driving not a single crash...Go figure.
Bad assets have been known to cause instabilities and crash the program. figuring out exactly which asset(s) are the cause can sometimes be a long and winding road. That's why it is always a good idea to keep track of what new assets have been added and used to narrow down the possible culprits.

Might seem a bit extreme but had similar and decided to remove any faulty/missing assets when loading previous builds into Trainz+. Replace what was deleted with similar assets and carry on.

Now I have no issues with Trainz+ once the culprits were removed. Downside...took forever.

As said, bad assets can cause a crash especially those with scripts. The only way to find them is to use the process of elimination. Hide all third-party and DLS content and load the route.

Does it crash?

If no, go back to Content Manager and un-hide a hundred or so of the DLS and third-party assets.

Repeat the test,

Yes, no, wash repeat until you get to the bunch that has the crash.

Usually, it's the last asset you un-hid that causes the crash.

The log sometimes helps but not always. Only once I found a culprit that way.

Thanks for the post, its a very timely read for me I'm returning to Trainz after many years of absence, and I have a route was working on and have a huge number of missing dependencies, over 600 I believe. the ability to turn off the 3rd party stuff is awesome.. I'll have to go find this option and see if things are better or at least I can find replacements for them.

-snip-
I have a few questions but this is so long none of you will read the whole thing anyway, so will ask later...
I read the whole thing... what does that say about me? (rhetorical) :rolleyes:

Congrats on new a new computer and jumping on the Plus bandwagon. Just don't get overly excited and do all your "new and real" work on a non-stable beta copy.

edited: for clarity

Last edited:
600 targanon? Thought I was having fun with just below 300. I have been downloading some of the Purchased routes and am down to a manageable 14
Still getting crashes even running a Purchased route. Come in patches...One day goes all day without one...Other days start after five minutes.

Ah then I, must be blessed as I have found, replaced or eliminated all of my missing dependencies.
now for the other things that are giving my issues. I have only content from DLC and install but hand full of the Paid content. that comes with gold. but I have so many issues with error from liveries I don't have permission to use.. which really is troubling.

at least its only like 10. but I'm not sure how to rectify this yet I'll sort it out sooner or later .

Back