Lost Build Patches

bradnock

bradnock
Can somebody help me out there if I am losing the plot or not I have reinstalled All my Trainz program after my computer crashed spent three day uploading the patches from the forum the (auto patchier would not work) then Build 42203-44088 Then 44088-49933 Started to reload some of the contents Booted my computer today. started trainz10 screen came on saying that I needed to install updates checked options it was back to build 42203 Is this something that has happened before is there a way of stopping it again.

Don't check in options as that is your original build, it never changes, use the build number on the launcher screen bottom right.

Hi That is the build number on both screen,s and the updater is asking for the next patch from 42203.

the updater doesnt work, never has, never will. you have to go online and download the patch yourself. i dont know the link, but shaneturner12 has it. send him a PM.

good luck

I have no problem with people mentioning my name. If anything, it allows users who do need my help to get help from me quicker.

I'm happy enough to help out others where possible (which is one of the reasons why I have my tutorial website)

Shane

Last edited:
hey shane, go into the general trainz forum, and look at dave snow's post of "what happened?"

see if you can figure that one out...im stumped

I will have a look right away.

Hopefully, the OP of this thread gets on OK with the patching - if not, I will be back here again.

Shane

I did indeed go to the forum and down loaded the patches 1st one took about 5 hrs the 2nd all night no problems then I had 2 days of trying to reload from download center had some problems getting a route to down load apart from that all OK. Today started Trainz and I was back to the original screen asking for Patches and would not start.

If you happen to be running Windows Vista or Windows 7, are you making sure that you are running Trainz with administrator privileges?

Shane

I did go into trainz properties countability and click on run as administrator and when loading Trainz I all ways open program and run as admin again I do not know if it is a good idea to delete all again and re load and then re patch again?

May be worth doing so, but before you do, backup the UserData folder to a new location.

Also, I would advise that it is uninstalled properly, using the standard Windows uninstall feature (unless you happen to have a tool like Revo Uninstaller, and know how to use it).

Once reinstalled, my tutorial should be able to help you patch.

Remember to turn off your antivirus software during installing and patching.

Shane

Just went to Win uninstall Had message Error C:/ Program Files(x86)Auran\TS2010\unins000.dat is corrupted cannot uninstall. Should I go to C:\and uninstall from program direct?

Sounds like you will need to use a third-party utility.

The one that seems to be mentioned at the moment is Revo Uninstaller.

This can be downloaded from http://www.revouninstaller.com/ - click Downloads, then click the left Download button at the bottom. (The one on the right will download a trial of the Pro version)

Install the tool, then run it. (Note: If you need to use this tool in future, you will need to run it as administrator)

Wait for the list to finish appearing, then find TS2010.

You should be able to click the Uninstall button (on the toolbar) at this point. If not, post back and I will try and work out what it's up to.

Shane

I deleted game using program (very good) you suggested reinstalled trainz 10 then patched 42203-44088 after stoping virus went to bed this morning got patching aborted failed to apply patch so I tried again this afternoon had the same results any ideas what I do next

Exactly which error did you get the first time patching after the reinstall?

Each time a patch fails (apart from the 'patch is not applicable' error) a reinstall is needed.

Shane

Back