London 2012 less than 24 hours to go

mity22

Well tomorrow is the opening ceremony of the London 2012 games good luck to all the teams from all over the World but a special good luck to team USA and team GB as they are my favorites. Hope the Underground will cope it is going to have over a million more people packing in.:D

Thats great. It means extra time on Trainz....Hurrayyyy...

Off topic:

Sadly, that isn't the case for me...trainz may have packed up for me...and I've tried everything. However, my attention is now turned to my actual user data folder...because the problems restarted when I put that back into the TS2010 after I reinstalled the game...It kinda suggests that a file in the User Data folder is corrupt.. So I'm kinda stuck..I've got other games though!

On Topic:

I found the London Olympic Opening ceremony to be absolutely fantastic, and Dad and Mum thought so too!

I agree I was lucky enough to be there last night as we got tickets a year ago was magic the price was not magic £1300 for 2

I understand the opening ceremonies included some kind of tribute to Isambard Kingdom Brunel, which is nice.

I understand the opening ceremonies included some kind of tribute to Isambard Kingdom Brunel, which is nice.
Yea was a nice touch funny thing from where I was sitting I was almost facing opposite where Mitt Romney was and could see him lol. Was so cool to have Mohammed Ali there.

Went to the badminton today. Transport was easy, so easy we arrived an hour and a half before the first shuttlecock was struck. No problem with security, helpers friendly, in short a pleasure. :)

Yes, opening ceremony bonkers, brilliant and British! The Queen jumping out of a helicopter? Celebration of the NHS? You wouldn't get that in Beijing!

Here's the railway connection: Isambard Kingdom Brunel (aka Kenneth Branagh) declaims from Shakespeare's Tempest, Caliban's famous speech:

Be not afeard. The isle is full of noises,
Sounds and sweet airs that give
delight and hurt not.
Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
Will hum
about mine ears, and sometime voices
That, if I then had waked after long
sleep,
Will make me sleep again; and then, in dreaming,
The clouds
methought would open, and show riches
Ready to drop upon me, that when I
waked,
I cried to dream again.

The world's greatest (railway) engineer speaking the words of history's greatest writer in the English language. What Olympic opening ceremony has had that?

Paul

I read somewhere on the net a comment from an international newspaper that if the first 3 minutes were anything to go by it was spectacular. Im not an olympic fan but I did watch the opening ceremony. I guess you probably have to be British to understand a lot of the humour but I do hope our international friends enjoyed it as much as we British.

Did anyone see that game where the Chinese and Koreans cheated I was watching it on tv was so bad but I loved the way the Audience started to Boo lol

Let's try to relate this post to transport!

And what about people/enthusiasts taking photographs and/or videos, especially of transport in London during that EXPENSIVE event? Have authorities attempted to ban or claim it is illegal to take photos of transport related items?

And why should locals have to change just for visitors? For example, taxis should be allowed to travel in the lanes as usual. The visitors should be using the same transport methods as the locals do. Main part of the post though is about photographs.

Yes we had a case here in Weymouth. Our local transport historian, Brian Jackson, was taking a photo from the public road of the brand new buses in the car park, that are being used to ferry people from the (distant) park and rides and a security guard tried to stop him. Knowing his rights, Brian soon sent him packing. He was obviously taking the photo as a memento of the rare sight of NEW buses in Weymouth. Like the sight of lots of policemen on foot patrol they will vanish after the Olympics.

Well I must say congratulations to Team GB Team Ireland and Team USA for their victories in the Woman's boxing final yesterday. I was lucky and got a free Ticket to the event was amazing well done Nicola Adams of team GB

Seems the French were moaning and suggesting that because the British did so well in cycling there was something bad going on. Think I will keep that in mind in a war and they are allies!

Back