Limiting Portal output?

jeff1959

I want to limit the number of trains emitted by a portal. Right now, the session could run forever, with unlimited trains coming from a portal. How do I tell the portal to stop emitting trains?

There's no way to do this with generic portals. I think you can do this using the Central Portal Control. It's been ages since I used that and don't remember all the details.

You can tell how many minutes until the next train comes out, does't know if this works try 0 minutes or try 1000 minutes...... depends on what you want 0 trains coming out or just 1 every now and then......

You can tell how many minutes until the next train comes out, does't know if this works try 0 minutes or try 1000 minutes...... depends on what you want 0 trains coming out or just 1 every now and then......
1000 minutes is 16 hours I don't think you wanna waits 16 Hours Real time for a train to pop out of a portal.....

I don't remember if the basic portals do this, but the CPC portals have an option to delete trains after a preset number is reached.

That would stop all the trains from coming out for a very long time but not stop them after an n-number. That's where I think the CPC will work.

In the olden days, there used to be the Emit Train Now rule but that sadly no longer works and hasn't in a very long time. That would be a nice one to resurrect. How many times do we want to just send an occasional freight to a yard but not get on the kick of several over the course of a day, or just send a train when we want one.

Back