spawning random cars

blatantdave

So i am new to all of this and trying really hard to get a session started but...when i make a consist of cars that take corn only and save it them load in the session from a portal with the load random rule the cars default their load and is no longer corn. how do i make the cars do one thing and stay that way? Thank you for any help!!

This I think will do the trick.
<kuid2:368725:60011:3> InstantLoad with a product from a queue specified by the user

If it's not installed with your Trainz version, I believe it's available on the download station.

This I think will do the trick.
<kuid2:368725:60011:3> InstantLoad with a product from a queue specified by the user

If it's not installed with your Trainz version, I believe it's available on the download station.
will that still work if i have more than one car type for example i add box cars and gons and i want them loaded with a specific product?

will that still work if i have more than one car type for example i add box cars and gons and i want them loaded with a specific product?
I don't know if it will work that way.

The other more complex way is to clone (copy) the freight cars you want to use and edit the config.txt file in Content Manager to remove the other commodities from the queues and kuid-table leaving behind only the ones you want to load up as well as updating the username to differentiate these freight cars from the regular ones. After you do this, you then submit the assets. It's a lot easier to do than was to type out how to do it.

Well i have been sitting here stewing over it for the day and looked into a lot of ideas but it seems i can't get what i am looking for. ideally i was hoping to have more of a run8 style on this title because it has more creative freedom but it seems what i am trying to accomplish is not yet achievable?

If you PM me with the Kuid's of the cars you want to use and the products you want in them, I will fix them for you so all you need to do is execute the "Instant Load command" when they come out of the portal. I also need your e-mail so I can send them to you.

If you PM me with the Kuid's of the cars you want to use and the products you want in them, I will fix them for you so all you need to do is execute the "Instant Load command" when they come out of the portal. I also need your e-mail so I can send them to you.
thank you for the offer! I was able to figure out how to do it and get them to spawn random loaded and unloaded so i got something to flat switch now.was even able to set a trigger so i can request a new inbound from just a quick and simple driver command .i'm slowly figuring this thing out. is there any way to tag cars would be my next question?

thank you for the offer! I was able to figure out how to do it and get them to spawn random loaded and unloaded so i got something to flat switch now. Was even able to set a trigger so i can request a new inbound from just a quick and simple driver command. I'm slowly figuring this thing out. is there any way to tag cars would be my next question?
I am not sure what you want to do by tagging cars.

I am not sure what you want to do by tagging cars.
not all of my inbound goes to industry some of it will go off map as pass thru cars because i do not have an industry that supports them. sure i could at support for them but want to have thru traffic not having to set out every single car. as well the cars i do have to set out do not all go to the same place.more so of a prototypical operation but it is difficult to do the sorting with no car tags

Back