Leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Grandfather had a slightly different take on this

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll be amognst the stars."

"Reach for the moon: even if you miss you won't end up with a handful of mud", to which he'd always append, in a quieter voice "and hopefully, if you don't miss, you won't end up with a handful of green cheese either."

Need I write that he didn't much like green cheese?

ns

What really started me off was when somebody on another forums (I had gone on this because I needed a fresh start) and somebody told me what i was doing wrong and I implemented that onto here and so tthings picked up from there.

Yes, but that also is dependant of the individual listening. I am certain in your case (I maybe wrong) that Trainzers were mentioning errors in your behaviour. I do it a lot to other members, Lo_Poly for example. Agreebily, you can only encourage users, posters, etc to change their behaviour, but the decision if they want to change is theirs. If they decide not to change, then they face conciquences.

And if there are issues users need to be weary of (god, can I spell these days? Obviously not!), please just be your self and say "I have this problem, that problem, etc", as it makes it soo much easier for everyone else to understand than label everyone with something that is wrong.

Open, Honesty and respect fails to make the world a better place (only because many choose to go against those values.)

yes like you said we can only advise users but we can't force them to change.

And if there are issues users need to be weary of (god, can I spell these days? Obviously not!), please just be your self and say "I have this problem, that problem, etc", as it makes it soo much easier for everyone else to understand than label everyone with something that is wrong.

So what I should have said was "I had this problem...but somebody advised me and everything is going to normal".

Is that right?:)

yes like you said we can only advise users but we can't force them to change.

So what I should have said was "I had this problem...but somebody advised me and everything is going to normal".

Is that right?:)

How about "I had a problem that has been resolved after seeking advice and now everything is back to normal." ?

I don't quite understand "everything is going to normal." Probably me being pedantic.

Cheerio John

I'll probably stick around, but be a lot less active.
That's good advice if you're feeling out of place.
At least for the time being.

Also, remember those who are genuinely friendly towards you so that you know they are worth bothering with.

If you find that some people seem to go out of their way to annoy or upset you, contact them and try and sort it out. If that doesn't work, contact a Mod, and if all else fails, remember you have the "ignore" feature.

I've never found your posts unintelligent. Maybe sometimes you speak (type) without thinking, and maybe that's down to your autism, but I've always found you enthusiastic above all else.

Remember that it's only a game/sim, and this is only a forum.

All the best,
Smiley.

How about "I had a problem that has been resolved after seeking advice and now everything is back to normal." ?

I don't quite understand "everything is going to normal." Probably me being pedantic.

Cheerio John

Normal in my case is people getting to be my friend again and that's happing as we speak (At least that's what i think).

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
There is life from Trainz without the forums. Take what you can, give what you want and leave it at that. I find the forums "not to my taste" but I wouldnt be without Trainz and its superb content creators. So dont let unfeeling people drive you down or away. There is a place for all in Trainz, accept the bits you like and dont bother with the other bits. its about enjoyment and you can have that without the need for the forum. My last post was in September! I just browse occasionally and keep checking the DLS. People can be very cruel, even when they dont always mean to be.

I wanted to leave because I do not want to be harassed/trolled anymore.
If that is happening, just contact a moderator, or just ignore them. Not for really for this forum, but if someone harrasses you, give them a reply they don't respect.

By the way, when I opened up this thread, I accidently clicked on your profile - I didn't know you were only 14. I thought you were older, especially how you write, um ur type. I didn't even know you have a medical condition, I also have a few medical conditions & one makes it very hard to type in this forum.

Campbell5149 said:
Lo Poly said:
Thank you. I find it pointless though to inform any moderators, as they have always sided with the "good people" before (well, when it has to do with non-completely obvious offenses).
hey i'll back ya up lo-poly, and i'm sure others will too. just let us know when someones givin ya a hard time. i'll give em hell. everybody hates me anyway.
Bad idea because that IS exactly what they want!

But Trainz/(s) are not the end of the world - yet!, although going by our government. . .! :hehe:

Last edited:
dont leave

Dont leave we all Have are Problems Im 13 And same as you
people have done to me the same as what,they did to you
I Have posted stupid post (ask johnwhelan)
and etc but In the end I finally got there also no need to be less active.
I think A lot of people Would like you back
MAGLEVSX.......;)

Dont leave
Sorry, but I am afraid that's what I'm doing.

It's time for me to move on. I have never gotten enjoyment out of the community, I am unhappy with the quality of Trainz, and I am tired of the hostility of the people here.

Even after managing to make a nice building, nightlighted at all, now it just seems like wasted time. Oh well.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Leaving, Moving On, No Longer a Member of... Good grief people, if you're that thin skinned then don't join any forum at all. Every forum has it's own little peccadillos as well as it's members. It's called Life, get over it. Learn to support the community spirit and ignore those that threaten to compromise it.
Running away from problems are not going to solve them, and hiding from them is not going to prevent them from finding you.

Sorry, but I am afraid that's what I'm doing.

It's time for me to move on. I have never gotten enjoyment out of the community, I am unhappy with the quality of Trainz, and I am tired of the hostility of the people here.

Even after managing to make a nice building, nightlighted at all, now it just seems like wasted time. Oh well.

Cheers.

At the end of the day it's a game and about enjoyment. If you aren't enjoying yourself it's time to try something else.

The quality of Trainz is a difficult one. Over the last few days I've had some problems in GMAX / importing into Trainz when something that appeared to have worked for some time seemed suddenly to have stop working. I've been very tempted to dump the whole lot. Unfortunately it's probably the best that's out there at the moment. The other Train Sims have similar problems. Reality if you can learn to work round the problems it will assist you in later life to work round other problems. Often there are no instant answers.

Thank you for your contributions, there are many items on the DLS that are still there and being downloaded years after the creator left the community so you are continuing a generous tradition.

I think in time you will come to appreciate the difference between issues and concerns and hostility. The issues and concerns can be dealt with the hostility is more an emotion and is much more difficult to deal with. Strangely enough a good working relationship is more based on mutual respect than everyone liking everyone.

Finally if ever you feel like coming back, welcome. That's another tradition round here.

Cheerio John

Leaving, Moving On, No Longer a Member of... Good grief people, if you're that thin skinned then don't join any forum at all. Every forum has it's own little peccadillos as well as it's members. It's called Life, get over it. Learn to support the community spirit and ignore those that threaten to compromise it.
Running away from problems are not going to solve them, and hiding from them is not going to prevent them from finding you.

-An attitude like that is what drives people away.

LP-

See you when and/if you return, to me it is difficult to take you seriously about leaving, as I have read these threads of yours so many times !
Not to , how did you state it, 'hurt your feelings', but I am simply stating what I see as the facts.

Good Luck ---DLR

PS- 56 replies

Leaving, Moving On, No Longer a Member of... (snip)Running away from problems are not going to solve them, and hiding from them is not going to prevent them from finding you.

And which one of those are you accusing me of? If it bothers you so much, here's some advice:
"Every forum has it's own little peccadillos as well as it's members. It's called Life, get over it. Learn to support the community spirit and ignore those that threaten to compromise it."

Ed;)

And which one of those are you accusing me of? If it bothers you so much, here's some advice:
"Every forum has it's own little peccadillos as well as it's members. It's called Life, get over it. Learn to support the community spirit and ignore those that threaten to compromise it."

Ed;)

It was directed at the people in general who feel that quitting is the only solution to a problem. Search your own feelings, the answer is there. Some suggestions are to lodge a complaint to a forum authority, ignore the attack as not being worth your time to bother with, or laugh it off as a ridiculous joke. Most important, stop taking yourself too seriously and loosen up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back