Leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lo Poly: I am a manic-depressive. I can't do anything about it; my mother suffered more than I do. I am, occasionally, driven off forums because they find me a little 'unusual'. Just say what you want, as politely as you know how, and don't worry about the reply- or the lack of them. Everyone has something to contribute to Society, not matter what their particular suffering is. I remember acting in a divorce matter a few years ago. Both parties were very good looking, young, fairly well off and they hated each other - apparently. Nobody would have dreamed of kicking them off, but they might have been a much bigger pain than you are. Who really knows?
I must admit my depression is kept under control by pills, and I, generally, feel just fine. On rare (now, I am glad to say, very rare) occasions I suffer and that is really nasty but I come through it, thanks to an understanding wife.
You can only do your best, which should be good enough for absolutely anyone.
There was a group of students, once, having a discussion as to the advisability of whether or not to terminate a pregnancy. The lecturer asked for a vote, and everyone voted to abort the foetus. Which, in real terms, means kill it. "Congratulations," said the lecturer, "You have just killed Beethoven."
Philip

LP
I hope that you reconsider. Some people have nothing better to do than harass or intimidate. Report them to a mod and then ignore them. Hopefully, we are all here to support and help each other. If you still decide to leave, best of luck to you.
Mike

hey

hey man

don't leave I know that you had a rough start and everything but don't leave. If you need someone to talk to around this community my doors are open I will not judge you or anything. It take real courage to admit when you are wrong and that you are sorry. You should stick around alittle be longer.

It is entirely up to you. It is your decision.

Pm me if you want to chat on msn or a online chatting software.

Jen

Only Trust and faithfully and love these heart for trainz member.. Don't be hurt away from them. Doesn't matter those ppls don't like me. I haven't problem with them.. look at me "I'm deaf and hard of hearing" always be nice and humor and humble.. Need to understable with communicatie..I have few good friends trainz members we're not much chatting well. I haven't concerning with them. We still knows about it... I been enjoy trainz since 2003.... And so I still struggle with gmax my create myself. Some there trainz help me how I learning for steam locomotive... I noticed that those Forum welcome new trainzier enjoy with trainz in future. I see those ppls have trouble with trainz give to help will be solve your game or system... I wanna to you and guys be patience. Go to enjoy yourself and Share other each.....

Cheers,

nkp

Well, I've never hated you LP, in any way. Rather I've found your threads quite refreshing at times, with important issues. All the bad luck you've had with Trainz and your computer have shown some pit-falls to avoid as I'm about to build my first computer from parts. For me that's contribution.

Go or stay? For you to say...In any case, have a Merry X-mas! :wave:

I would report posts, but generally trollers are good at making insults while not breaking any rules. About every time some has "trolled" me on the forums or chat, or even in PM it hasn't broken any rules. Nothing would happen.

I'll probably stick around, but be a lot less active.

LP, I am glad that you have had a change of heart.

Stick with it; your posts are well written and interesting. Try to train yourself to rise above other people’s negativity and insensitivity. Sadly, there are people in all walks of life that enjoy putting down others, ignore them; they have got nothing worthwhile to contribute.

With best wishes,

Chris

I would report posts, but generally trollers are good at making insults while not breaking any rules. About every time some has "trolled" me on the forums or chat, or even in PM it hasn't broken any rules. Nothing would happen.

I'll probably stick around, but be a lot less active.

If thy were "trolling" they were breaking CoC #13 which states:
The CoC said:
The CoC
Submitting messages that are inflammatory and made simply with the intent to provoke disruption to the forum or chat room and encourage, incite or continue ‘flame’ messages. ‘Trolling’ and baiting will not be tolerated. Messages that are disruptive and destructive in character will not be tolerated. Flaming is deemed to include insulting, personally directed criticisms and/or messages that include comments aimed to incite anger. Trolling is deemed to include messages aimed to incite disruption or stir up trouble. For example, posting to a thread or starting a thread without the intent to contribute positive suggestions or comments. Instead, the aim is negative and disruptive comments.

Also being that you hang in the chat; if you report something to a mod in the chat that you think violates the CoC (or you have a question, etc) they often will be happy to help you and explain why it doesn't (It means that that ma have less non-CoC violation reports to dig thru.)

Almost every (active) member here has contributed in some way to the community. It may not have been by uploading stuff or having all the technical know how. But could even just be giving people moral support, providing (constructive) critisim, reporting posts, etc.

peter

I agree, PerRock. LP, I've had trainz about a year...only started using the forum a couple months ago, and I have never seen anything unintelligent in your posts. Ignore those negative posts...if they had to have a conversation face-to-face, I highly doubt that they would be able to say something. Stand for what's right.

Tim

Thank you. I find it pointless though to inform any moderators, as they have always sided with the "good people" before (well, when it has to do with non-completely obvious offenses).

I will think about it.
hey i'll back ya up lo-poly, and i'm sure others will too. just let us know when someones givin ya a hard time. i'll give em hell. everybody hates me anyway. :hehe:

Hey L_P, remember me ?

Think back to the time of the Rotogon project ...
rotogonforum.9.forumer.com

I joined up, because I respected you. Sure, we have the odd days, often triggered by certain things, but they shouldn't bring you down.

The mods here do a great job. You got a question ? They answer it !

Cheers,
Gangsta_Boi

EDIT: Corrected a REAL bad error.

Last edited:
A spell-checker would not have caught this, but a little proof reading ??

:hehe: ---DLR

PS- LP is making a return --

I've done some strange things in my day like start a riot and I had to leave for a week or so instead of a year (I choose to do that by the way) and when i came back things are piking up for me.

What really started me off was when somebody on another forums (I had gone on this because I needed a fresh start) and somebody told me what i was doing wrong and I implemented that onto here and so tthings picked up from there.

My advice is to ask people why people are making negative comments and how you could make them happy again.

P.S.i think that the shock waves are still spreading through the forums. You could say that this is my fault.

The world is sometimes horrible to you but (that depends on the person your talking to) you lack the authority to do something about it.

Last edited:
Jeez, sorry about the mistake ! Will edit ASAP.

Lo_Poly, I have ADHD, and, if triggered by sugary foods, can send me stupidly hyper, and often come crashing down in the worst of moods.

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll be amognst the stars."

Was a motto I often refer to when i feel down.

Just visit often, please ? :)

Gangsta_Boi

I've been around forever, and have been of many forums, both as member and moderator. Perhaps you would like to post a link to posts which you found abusive and let us decide what's what?

I've been around forever, and have been of many forums, both as member and moderator. Perhaps you would like to post a link to posts which you found abusive and let us decide what's what?

I don't think the problem is with what you judge to be abusive but rather what the perception of the recipient is. Different people have very different backgrounds and what might not seem abusive to you may seem very abusive to others.

For example if I was extremely sensitive I might find your post patronizing and thus feel abused by it.

I think the answer is more to do with perception and being polite than taking a confrontational point of view.

Cheerio John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back