I thought there was a ban on smoking at Train Stations

Pending the country you live in, they cannot stop you from smoking on an outside/open platform. If it is underground or a terminal then they can bust you for it.

In the uk it says:

Where is smoking banned?

Smoking in all indoor public places is banned. Many places - such as cinemas and public transport - have rarely permitted smoking in recent years, and now places like pubs, restaurants, nightclubs and private members' clubs will not be able to permit customers to smoke inside.
You also can't smoke in offices or any workplace; except if you work by yourself. You can't smoke in a company vehicle that is used by several people; even if they are not in it at the time.
Smoking is still be banned at certain outdoor locations that are 'substantially enclosed', such as football grounds and covered walkways. It is also banned on all parts of a railway station, even open-air platforms.

Last edited:
This post is not intended to start a Debate.

^ just shows what an arse the do gooders are making of this country, common sense gone out of the window.
I go to spain twice a year on me jolly's. Have a pint (well several) and a smoke at the bar, light up in england and the lynch mob will be after you.
Even had one half wit telling me I couldn't smoke in my own van, dont think he took to the reply to well, idjut.

Back