I love close up inter-suburb action!

x002x

Peanut Butter
Hey guys! I started this little route this morning, and I'm curious what you guys think.

Engineer_Brouse_20110705_0000.jpg

Engineer_Brouse_20110705_0001.jpg

What I love about taking screenies like this is how you can make a very small scene look realistic.

Engineer_Brouse_20110705_0002.jpg

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

I love doing little 'scenes' like that also. The only suggestions I would make are to mix up the ground texture a bit and replace Trunda's grass (pretty sure it's Trunda's) with spline grass. Trunda's stuff looks great in close-ups but in later versions of Trainz the clumps go somewhat 'lumpy' when viewed from farther away...

Be careful - it is very easy for one of those 5-minute quickies to turn into a 2 year project!

Andy ;)

Last edited:
I would also recommend changing your settings to a wider width as it is not in proportion.
Great Job though

Josh

Hey thanks guys! Andy, I'll see about replacing some grass splines. Here's a shot a little expanded I took right before I posted this message :D

Updates coming!

Engineer_Brouse_20110705_0003.jpg

Still working on those textures, but here are some shots with some grass splines and a bit more detail.

Engineer_Brouse_20110705_0004.jpg

Engineer_Brouse_20110705_0005.jpg

Engineer_Brouse_20110705_0006.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, but it would be nicer if you fixed your screen resolution!

EDIT see Post #9 below before you get carried away with the rest of this post - I think it might be bad advice! /EDIT

Check that the settings in Launcher > Options > Display Setting are not contradicted by a -width/-height entry in trainzoptions.txt, if not make sure that the resolution used is the same aspect ratio as your monitor and if it still ain't fixed make sure you don't have an odd -driverfov entry in trainzoptions.txt!

Your screenshots would be 100% better if you could lose the tall skinny look :)

Last edited:
also, for your crossings, I would suggest not using the track with sidewalks. There's a version of that street without them, and it makes for better crossings. because of the height of the track you're using, it actually reaches over the sidewalk (barely) but most won't.

just a tidbit noticed by a fellow route builder:D

they look really good.
One thing I just noticed and i thought it was only me, my screenshots are distorted aswell. Is there anyway to fix the quality of the screenshots?

Nice, but it would be nicer if you fixed your screen resolution!

Check that the settings in Launcher > Options > Display Setting are not contradicted by a -width/-height entry in trainzoptions.txt, if not make sure that the resolution used is the same aspect ratio as your monitor and if it still ain't fixed make sure you don't have an odd -driverfov entry in trainzoptions.txt!

Your screenshots would be 100% better if you could lose the tall skinny look :)

Actually now I look at them again I suspect the issue might not be in Trainz - it looks more like an oops when you resize the images before posting. Whichever software you use there is most likely a box to tick "Maintain Aspect Ratio" (or similar) when you re-size...

Andy ;)

Back