Hudson River Route (Warning Large Images)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice videos of the route. I like all the scenery along the eastern and western portions of the Hudson River and how you can see the hills in the distance. How did you get the draw distance past the 5000m option in trainz?

Nice videos of the route. I like all the scenery along the eastern and western portions of the Hudson River and how you can see the hills in the distance. How did you get the draw distance past the 5000m option in trainz?

Thanks...it's in TRS2006 with Trainz Tuner set to 6091 m (rather odd number that...) while running Fraps. I've since increased the "-ResourceMemory=XXX" line in the trainzoptions.txt file from 512 to 2048 and gotten rid of some of the stuttering. I might be able to kick the draw distance up another 500 to 1000 m...then...maybe not...we'll see.

Cheers and Happy New Year to everyone!
Fred

That's great work Fred! It shows what really can be done with the older software. Looks really good. Is that 40ft Frisco boxcar in the first video headed for the Frisco High Line? :hehe:

Last edited:
That's great work Fred! It shows want really can be done with the older software. Looks really good. Is that 40ft Frisco boxcar in the first video headed for the Frisco High Line? :hehe:

I definitely agree. Even though Trainz 2006 is almost a decade old, that does not mean that it's no good. I actually think Trainz 2006 is one of the best trainz simulators. That was my first train simulator. Right now, I'm cleaning up my content manager and am going to see about altering the settings a bit to get the most out of Trainz 2010. Keep up the awesome work Zorronov. :cool:

Thanks mates!

Is that 40ft Frisco boxcar in the first video headed for the Frisco High Line? :hehe:

It probably is dricketts...it probably is. I don't know where this one's going though...maybe Harmon...maybe someplace else.
Gee...this is fun! I love F-units!

Cheers,
Fred

Draw set at 6091 meters...3 trains running (2 steam, 1 diesel)...tug pushing a barge upriver on invisible track...running fraps...20fps in OpenGL...

Cheers,
Fred

Draw set at 6091 meters...3 trains running (2 steam, 1 diesel)...tug pushing a barge upriver on invisible track...running fraps...20fps in OpenGL...

~snip~

Cheers,
Fred

How is your PC not on fire?!?!?!?!?

Also, very nice looking route.

-Matt

Loving the screenshots, however a few notes on your latest.

The P32ACDM you have pictured would have never pulled horizons in phase III; a, cause they weren't really around then and b, that is the heritage paint scheme which is extremely recent (which in real life is on a P42, not a P32ACDM). Additionally there are many much better P42s out there, I urge you to check out the ones on AMTZ, or the ones from JR.

peter

Loving the screenshots, however a few notes on your latest.

The P32ACDM you have pictured would have never pulled horizons in phase III; a, cause they weren't really around then and b, that is the heritage paint scheme which is extremely recent (which in real life is on a P42, not a P32ACDM). Additionally there are many much better P42s out there, I urge you to check out the ones on AMTZ, or the ones from JR.

peter

Gee Peter...do you really think I care about that? The purpose of the screenshot is to test my route in trs 2012. I couldn't care less about your quibble.

Cheers,
Fred

Last edited:
Well exscuuuuse me for making a simple suggestion on how your could make your screenshots better. Geez

As I was saying...

Its not as bad as it could be. The last time I tried this (on my old computer) it didn't work. This one has considerably more chops so, with some replacing and fixing, it should be ok. At least I can see the other side of the river. Framerates are good too...

Cheers,
Fred

Last edited:
and as far as im concerned Peter was just trying to help because he is indeed right. protowise.
but i could care less where you get what and what you do with it.

I only suggested mine & JR's as those are the P42s I use. But there are many other options for P42s which are much nicer; in reality I don't really care where you get yours. I just thought I'd make a suggestion for making your screenshots better. Some other options include P42s from Pacific Trainz, Trainz Commuter Rail, and the original P42s from ProTrainz, all of which look better (in my opinion) to the one shown.

peter

Hi All
I have removed several posts from this thread. Please remember to keep all posts friendly/polite (both replying to suggestions, or making suggestions). It is not appropriate to attack other members for giving constructive feedback.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back