Hudson River Route (Warning Large Images)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not satisfied with the rock texturing here...so I'm making a new texture and erazoring what I've done on the cliff face. It keeps the map from getting cluttered with unnecessary textures and helps to keep the FPS up.

Cheers,
Fred

Very nice Fred, looks really good. I built a route once (ACE - Altamont Commuter Express) which is mediocre by your quality route standards, but I found the hardest part was knowing when to quit because it was done.

Cheers and keep up the good work. :)

AJ

Thanks AJ and Nicky! I used to drive SP Trainmasters w/commuter cars on your AEC AJ...great fun!

The Man Behind The Curtain

As can be seen, the power plant is a facade like on a movie set. It's not meant to be viewed up close. :D

Cheers,
Fred

I'm not satisfied with the rock texturing here...so I'm making a new texture and erazoring what I've done on the cliff face. It keeps the map from getting cluttered with unnecessary textures and helps to keep the FPS up.

Cheers,
Fred
If you paint a new gray/yellow lined baseboard grid texture (yes there is a Grid texture) all over a whole route, does that erase all the textures underneath it ? I have heard that the previous 4 textures remain hidden under the top texture ?

Last edited:
If you paint a new gray/yellow lined baseboard grid texture (yes there is a Grid texture) all over a whole route, does that erase all the textures underneath it ? I have heard that the last 4 textures remain hidden under the top texture ?

As far as I know, the only way to get rid of a whole pile of textures is to use Erazor as I am doing in the shot above. Unfortunately it doesn't work in recent versions of Trainz.

Cheers,
Fred

As far as I know, the only way to get rid of a whole pile of textures is to use Erazor as I am doing in the shot above. Unfortunately it doesn't work in recent versions of Trainz.

Cheers,
Fred
I tested this in TRS2006 and viewed the config files, before, and afterward

I painted 10 textures, then painted another 11th blank gray/yellow texture over all over top of them, covering them up ... Then only 10 textures kuids were there in the config file ... so the top texture wipes out only the top last placed texture ... Then when I clicked "Delete All Missing Textures" only the gray/yellow texture kuid was in the config file. All the other texture kuids were wiped clean of the config file

It's been so long since I made any textures I'm having to give myself a short refresher course. Meanwhile, I think I'll go to the ball game...:)

Cheers,
Fred

Thanks WCL and Mick! Man! It's raining cats and dogs tonight...

On a side note...the case for my new rig has arrived. This should be fun!

Cheers,
Fred

That is a superb screenshot Zorronov. Nice to see some passenger equipment on the west side of the Hudson River. You have an awesome eye for detail. One of the things I really like about this screenshot along with several other similar screenshots is how there are marshes by the train tracks and in the back, you can see some mist or fog surrounding the bottom of one of the trees.

Thanks malikrthr! In NYC days it was double tracked through here and there was a passenger depot on the island. It's a rare occurrence, but there have been special Amtrak services to West Point in more recent times. Heck...I can always find some excuse to run them...:D

Cheers,
Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back