Heathrow Airport

Just another view of the approach to runway 27L with terminal 4 on the left and the maintanance hangers on the right. Still work in progress but sample available here. Layout of airport was taken from google earth and all sections of this layout are as close as I am able to get.
heathrow 13.jpg

Nice progress stagecoach. I downloaded your CDP so I will look at it later and let you know how I go.

Craig
:):):)

I have just started to get a problem with a trigger not always responding when it is passed over. Using the ATLS command leaving 90 will clear it but will have to take a look at this one trigger. I would like to know in general if problems still occur to see what may needs to done to try and put things right.

Hi stagecoach,

I am missing 2 items from your session which may be important, they are;

kuid:30051:100204
kuid:30051:100205

I am missing one from your layout which may not be that important but it is;

kuid:44090:1007

One thing I can say though is that you must have a good computer as it is very hard to see everything on the route. The cache is so slow and in some cases just does not show all the details until you move around.

My Computer Specs.

ASUS P7P55D-E PRO
Core i5 750
Gigabyte GTX 260
4GB Ram

Craig

Craig
The first two are London underground trains which a link was put on another thread recently. They are not important in the running of the airport. The third kuid is the reason why the aircraft did not work in the first demo, it was an invisible lever. Have checked DLS but it is not there so will have to change them for one that is. Ive sent the lever so you can see it operate hopefuly.

FOXCONN AMD RS780/RS880

AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1035T Processor

6.00 GB DDR3-SDRAM (1333 MHz)

Edit Have changed the invisible junction levers so now should work from these links MAP and Extra .
NVIDIA GeForce GT 230 with 1.50 GB

Last edited:
Hi jpereira
Yes they are underground. At present ive only placed the London underground line with stations for Terminal 1-2-3, Terminal 4 and Terminal 5.
The main line stations are not at present on the route but will be added and yes they are underground aswell. Still need to get more info on both so as they can be placed right.

Hi Stagecoach,

I have been playing around with Heathrow today and checking things out. You certainly do have a lot of planes flying at once and sometimes they look rather close :hehe:

It's a bit hard to say this or that seems not to be working as it is still a WIP but it is looking very good.

Progress is looking great so far, keep it up.

I have just put in the second terminal to Orlando and I am trying to work out the Runways and Taxiways. Even though it is based on the real Orlando there are quite a few differences.

Craig

Iced8383
The runway is Asphalt 04 kuid2:149987:21710:1 I used it because of its dark texture and shows the runway better. Thanks for the reskins, love the cargo ones. Might you at sometime do a TNT one as that would fill my cargo area very well?
The images below are from my route and the real thing. Am now doing the northern runway and taxiways and then start on the main terminal area in the middle. All the aircraft movement areas and placement of buildings have been measured from google earth to get the layout as close to the real dimensions as possible.

Thanks to Vulcan and Iced8383 plus all the others who have spent thier time doing the aircraft to use on this map.

Trainz view
heathrow 14.jpg

Actual view
heathrow real.jpg

Thanks,

Do you want a particular aircraft reskinned? Currently TNT owns variants of the 747 and 737 families. I'd be more than happy to do the reskin for you.

Not really Im just adding and adding to give a varied list of aircraft that might be seen at heathrow. Plus as im doing most of the gates and I wanted to fill the area a bit with differing versions. Thanks.

On what website might I find these missing KUIDs?
<kuid:75377:1071>
<kuid2:60238:9632:1>
<kuid2:60238:9635:1>
<kuid2:60238:26256:1>
<kuid:44090:1003>
Eric

Hi Eric
Think you may have just downloaded an early work in progress for Heathrow. This has been changed so the first kuid is mine which is obsolete. If you delete the heathrow map and session on your computer you can get the latest update for the work so far HERE . The 60238 kuids are on the DLS, they are aircraft by Vulcan. The latest update has some other 60238 kuids which are not yet available but Vulcan will put on the DLS shortly. You can see a screenshot of these in his thread New Aircraft. You may also find LUL underground train is missing as I got it from another thread and keep foregetting to remove it (being not visible on the route itself). Landing is now possible on both runways but restricted to landing on the 27 end because of getting to complicated to do both ends. Take off is only on 27L at present.
Measurements have come from google earth so is near enough correct in its placement of taxiways etc.

Hope you like whats done so far.

I have only one missing kuid. It is kuid:44090:1003. I am confused as in the config table it is listed as a marker attachment for asset "kuid:44090:1007 Invisible lever". I have done a google search and it comes up with "02 Diesel 0-4-0 green tops shunter. Could you please clarify?

Back