Happy 4th of July!

Indeed, happy Independence Day to our American friends. The British equivalent, for anybody interested, is on the 5th November but we celebrate the attempted assasination of our government, rather than it's creation...

Happy Fourth of July! Now go and grill some burgers or hot dogs and set off a c***load of fireworks! Oh, and also, drink responsibly.

We must all admit that the events of the 4th of July did give rise to the greatest nation on earth, Australian. since the English crown could not send there convicts to the Americas any more they then sent them to Australia instead. :p

Last edited:
he's right you know cascade. There are only very slight differences between our America English and their UK/Queens English. It's only a small difference so it's not much to say that we speak differently to our British and Australian allies.

Last edited:
No it's just we got it right down here, we are still subjects of the Queen and the English crown, its just we were able to build a country and also ...."give unto caesar what was Caesar's"....... We in typical Aussie style said OMG that is a bit tough but got on with the job anyway. No winger revolutions here LOL :wave::hehe:
Same with Australia, mate. Free and independent is what every country wants to be. ;)

Wello cascaderail, I was being humorous but you are giving a bad impression of your own corner my boy. Such built-in and slightly arrogant guff! Yes you did a good job in WW2 although took your time coming in and in WW1 eventually in the closing part! As for South Vietnam that was a mess and all the money you spend on military bases to have a financial and corporate empire whilst democracy internally is limited to two corporate parties. I am all for people being proud of their country but don't get carried away. It was the rich who started your revolution and it is still the rich who run the county and a million a year losing homes, 40 million poor on stamps, crime, brutal police and so on. Have visited the country twice and enjoyed my trips but do not put yourself in an odd corner. Some two and a quarter million plus in jails, wholesale police murdering unarmed and getting involved in an imperial global thing of your own. Have warm regard for people I have met from your country and but your idea of patriotism is rather tut-tut and blatant nationalism! Thankfully the ex-colonists I know are all good and sensible people :eek:

No it's just we got it right down here, we are still subjects of the Queen and the English crown, its just we were able to build a country and also ...."give unto caesar what was Caesar's"....... We in typical Aussie style said OMG that is a bit tough but got on with the job anyway. No winger revolutions here LOL :wave::hehe:

Hey, you never know! It could happen at any point in time. The UK did the same exact thing to the EU... until now. :wave:

No, it was put to vote once and it was a resounding no, - the only way Australia will every become a republic is if we have a directly elected president, by the people and the nobs with money could never allow that as they might get someone they can not control .
Hey, you never know! It could happen at any point in time. The UK did the same exact thing to the EU... until now. :wave:

Back