GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Another Geelong & Melbourne Railway Co. 2-2-2 Well Tank engine built England 1855, 2 engines built by Stothert & Slaughter Bristol, and 6 engines built by R & W Hawthorn, they where named Cyclone, Hurricane, Sirocco and Typhoon, the Goods Engines, Goliath, Hercules, Samson and Tubal-Cain where of a similar design but a 0-6-0 Well Tank type with inside frames and inside cylinders... The Geelong engines where rated at 500 Horse Power.. or 5,000lbsf to 7,000lbsf at 75% of 120 PSI, the 2-2-2 engines could run at a rate of 1 Mile Per Minute....

15751489802_287909cb50_b.jpg

Tubal-Cain was renamed to Cornish in 1859 and was used to build the 85 km line from Geelong to Ballarat which was completed in 1862..

Cheers.

Just wondering, how is the effect of the model appearing as if on a mirror done? Is that a separate rendering program or a function in on of the 3D designers?
Hi Martin
For my ones, I place a plane in the scene, and add a 'flat mirror' material to it (the 'flat mirror' is added in the diffuse slot of the material). When you render the scene, anything in the scene shows up as a 'mirror'/'reflection' in the plane. Can also be added into the 'reflection' slot to allow the original texture to show through if you so desired.

Regards

Felix, that looks fantastic so far!

I've spent some of tonight working on the textures for the M class :) This has resulted in yet more lining, and a whole heap of rivets on the tanks and bunker. Still a great deal more to of them to go, along with other details!

new-vr-steamer-24.jpg

Regards
Zec

Beautiful looking loco, Zec!

Intermittently working on upgrading my 24' flat....

24ft_flat_wip.png

Still need to do the drawbar mounting and maybe some brake rigging (if I get *really* pedantic)...

Curtis

VERY Offensive to me. I've got Asperger's Syndrome (Now in the autism spectrum).
That just means you don't function well in social settings, its not a scapegoat to blame everything on. I know a couple people that have the same syndrome you do and they run very respected companies and are very intelligent.

Last edited:
VERY Offensive to me. I've got Asperger's Syndrome (Now in the autism spectrum).

As a person who has Aspergers, I do not see what is offensive about the post regarding China's JF and JS 2-8-2, unless a post has been removed. Also, whatever you are offended about, it would be best to explain what you find offensive about the post, instead of just saying you find it offensive because you have Aspergers.

Back