FYI - Slight hitch when downloading Trainz 12 after purchase

ModelerMJ

RubyTMIX, Basemapz
Hi all, just wanted to pass on a slight hitch that I encountered in the process of downloading Trainz 12 after purchase. When I attempted to download the 'setup.exe' from the last of the 6 links that were e-mailed to me, I selected the primary site, and was asked for an FTP User Name and Password. I had not been prompted like this for the other 5 files, so I was a bit mystified. I thought that perhaps the actual setup executable required my forum name and password, so I entered those; but that was apparently not what it was after, as I was prompted again.

Unsure of what to do, I canceled that message and instead tried the mirror site for this file. The 'setup.exe' file downloaded just fine from there with no special requests, and I have since successfully installed Trainz 12 without too much further pain (other than discovering I also had to install DX9).

As the title says -- not a complaint, more of an FYI. My system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and I am using IE9, if that has any significance.

No download program was used. I received an e-mail with 6 links in it, and in each case just pasted the link into the address bar of IE9. This brought me to a download page for that part of the installation, where I was offered a 'download here' graphic and also a link to a mirror site. In the case of the 'setup.exe' file, when I clicked the download graphic, I got the FTP challenge that I mentioned; and when I then clicked the link to the mirror site instead, the file downloaded with no issues.

Having said that, I just tried it again this morning (thinking I might post a screen shot if I could replicate the issue) but the issue did not occur. So it was either a one-time fluke, or someone saw my message and corrected the issue.

In any case I'm far past that point now, and definitely enjoying Trainz 12.

My post was only intended to describe what I thought was a 'bug', nothing more, in the hopes it might assist others.

Back