"Forum Guide to Websites with Trainz Content"

illinoiscentral

SARM Volunteer
Hello,
Are you new to Trainz or this Forum, perhaps both?
Are you wondering where all that third party content is that you've been hearing about?
Well here it is.
I have compiled a list of websites and provided links so that you can begin discovering the truly remarkable side of this wonderful Simulator.
Below is a list of Websites hosting content for the Trainz franchise.

RRMods Hosting great freeware and payware content from North America.
www.rrmods.com
West Coast Trains Hosting content for Trainz and other simulators, WCT is great place to find quality freeware content.
www.sporbust.com
World of Trainz WoT is a site hosting premier Payware locomotives and useful tutorials.
www.worldoftrainz.com
Jointed Rail Jointed Rail is an excellent place to find just what you are looking for. Whether it be freeware or payware, Jonted Rail has you covered.
www.jointedrail.com
USLW Providing everything from Locomotives to Track, USLW has you covered.
www.uslw.net
East Coast Trainz ECT is all about quality content. One of their members, SR6900, is currently working on the Southern Steam Project.
www.eastcoasttrainz.com
Trainz Commuter Rail TCR is home to everthing commuter.
www.freewebs.com/trainzcommuterrail/
Ocemy's Chinese Content Ocemy really made a splash recently when he announced some stunning new Chinese content. Have a look!
www.ocemy.cn
Iber Trainz This site host European content for Trainz Railroad Simulator.
www.IberTrainz.eu

I hope you all get some use out of this thread.
If you have any questions about Trainz or the Forum, always feel free to PM me and remember, my ignore list is always empty!
If you want me to add your site to this list, PM me please do not post here.
I also hope that the moderator will close and sticky this thread.
Welcome to Trainz!

But best of all, everything, but EVERYTHING is already listed in the Trainz Resources Directory.

One Hundred and Thirteen (113) Trainz web sites currently listed.
Links to over 100 Tutorials (Many more to come)
Hundreds of links to thousands of plans and drawings . . .

To mention a few - and the site isn't even 'officially' open yet, but you're welcome to visit.

Oh, and over 25,000 page visits to date
Can be translated into most languages as you read.

A link is always in my signature

Regards,

John

Last edited:
Euphod,
I never read that thread, I figured it was for some little "fan site".
Narrowguage, thank you for that listing!
Have you ever been doing something and forget all the important thing that need to be included?

Yeah, I see your point, that you are trying to highlight sites with alot of content. I suppose you should add TrainzProRoutes, if that is your criteria!;)

If that's the case, I think illinoiscentral may have missed the target by several hundred metres, give or take a mile or two, but it's a really nice contribution regardless. I just hope he also includes the Trainz Resources Directory plus many others in his updated list.

Having visited most of the 113 web sites listed in the Trainz Resources Directory, I can assure you all that there are several spectacular sites out there. Let's also keep in mind that one site with a single page of content may well be worth much more than sites with 20 pages of waffle.

The Directory is nothing new. I started it many years ago and it had a good following then. Unfortunately it was lost forever, so this is my second attempt to place an umbrella over the entire Trainz community. It's also meant to replace the almost defunct Trainz Web Ring, which I also started many years ago. My new version of the directory is still 'buggy', thus the reason for not being officially open yet. Even so, it's had over 2,000 unique hits and over 25,000 individual page hits since it was first uploaded in November last year. At present, it lists almost 600 activities related to Trainz. The original directory boasted 2,000 so I still have a lot of pieces to pick up.

It's people like Deeelare, Meatloaf747, Gandalf, Checkrail et al who inspire me to to keep going with this massive undertaking.

John

Back