Gramma's Illegal JR & HP Trainz Payware Content on DLS (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, since I opted to state that all my stuff is in the Public Domain there's nothing for me to whine about. Thing is, when he says in his description that he's "fixing" stuff, he's just making it available to those few who still use TRS2012, and then sometimes the fixed version looks like crap.

blah-de-dah

Gramma Recently uploaded some copies of The Erie and New York Central F Units. He also recently uploaded some copies CSX Heritage Units that were on Valley Rail Services.

How Gramma has been allowed to upload "his" stolen copy pasted content is beyond me. This guy should've remained banned.

Yo, what the hell. He has rereleased a bunch of my old USLW content without properly crediting me or asking permission, such as my RBMN 425 reskin that I worked very hard on back in the day.

It would be one thing if permission was asked for, since I am very open about my stuff being made available and repaired, but come on, you gotta give credit to people.

You can't have everyone crediting. Such a bad thing. People need to be better and do things correctly.

Yo, what the hell. He has rereleased a bunch of my old USLW content without properly crediting me or asking permission, such as my RBMN 425 reskin that I worked very hard on back in the day.

It would be one thing if permission was asked for, since I am very open about my stuff being made available and repaired, but come on, you gotta give credit to people.
Did you lodge an official complaint with N3V to have the offending objects removed?

Looked into it further and the credit is there. The description of the asset is just too long and thus the credit on the loco itself is cut off, but the credit is still given so I am fine.

Saves me time of fixing and reuploading old USLW stuff I uploaded

How this little thieving piggy hasn't been tarred, feathered, and run out on a rail yet is beyond me!

And yes, 100% of their content is crap, quality-wise.
The policy from N3V is the people whose copyrights were violated need to file a complaint via the helpdesk. It's only then that the user committing the violation(s) will be dealt with.

Gramma's still posting more stolen freeware stuff as we speak, especially from the old Trainz Forge Website, old USLW F units, and Slabay's CSX Heritage Sporbust ES44s.

The stolen payware stuff I started the thread with should be Gramma's downfall since he just hit a new low and I just hope there are some good Trainzers who live near him to tell in person that what he's doing is wrong, but he probably wouldn't listen. As long as N3V is still selling the said old Jointed Rail content in the Trainz store, I think Gramma shouldn't only be banned, but also have his computer equipment seized by law enforcement. I know it sounds extremely brutal, but it should be done to him since I just read the license thing in the older JR content as written by "NS37". I'm not sure if there was a time when Jointed Rail ever got their payware content stolen and had that done to someone who did it before, but I feel it should be done.

Gramma's still posting more stolen freeware stuff as we speak, especially from the old Trainz Forge Website, old USLW F units, and Slabay's CSX Heritage Sporbust ES44s.

The stolen payware stuff I started the thread with should be Gramma's downfall since he just hit a new low and I just hope there are some good Trainzers who live near him to tell in person that what he's doing is wrong, but he probably wouldn't listen. As long as N3V is still selling the said old Jointed Rail content in the Trainz store, I think Gramma shouldn't only be banned, but also have his computer equipment seized by law enforcement. I know it sounds extremely brutal, but it should be done to him since I just read the license thing in the older JR content as written by "NS37". I'm not sure if there was a time when Jointed Rail ever got their payware content stolen and had that done to someone who did it before, but I feel it should be done.
You said the truth man. Why has gramma not been arrested?

Do you have proof that they are hijacking old forge content?

Do the rightful owners know their items are being "ripped off"? Are they even reachable? While we can all get upset here at the despicable actions of some, unless the actual creators share that sentiment not much will happen. He's probably enjoying the publicity so I'm out of here.

Rule is the individual creators need to complain. So be sure to contact them.

I know, absolutely stupid rule but still.
Well no. Actually, in my opinion at least, it is a sensible rule.

There have been cases in these forums where a poster has claimed, usually as an honest opinion, that another user has illegally uploaded the work of a content creator. It later turned out that the uploader had permission from the creator or that the creator had included the statement "free to modify and upload" (or similar) in the assets description. In one particular case, where I contacted the original creator, his response was "I don't mind if my work is copied, modified and uploaded".

There was also one case where a "childish spat" between two creators resulted in one falsely claiming that the other had plagiarized his work in an attempt to get the others work deleted from the DLS.

So a claim from another party that an asset has been plagiarized is not enough to prove that it has. N3V has to get the opinion of the original creator. But, as a poster above has noted. this does raise the question of what happens if the original creator is no longer with us?

This is not to say that gramma is innocent - he does have a bad past record on this but for long while now he has payed by the rules.

My thoughts.

thats the person who made the T4 DLS GEVOS, what they did was dumb, illegal, and bannable. NS37 and HP Trainz have done great work for their creations, really sad

Well no. Actually, in my opinion at least, it is a sensible rule.

There have been cases in these forums where a poster has claimed, usually as an honest opinion, that another user has illegally uploaded the work of a content creator. It later turned out that the uploader had permission from the creator or that the creator had included the statement "free to modify and upload" (or similar) in the assets description. In one particular case, where I contacted the original creator, his response was "I don't mind if my work is copied, modified and uploaded".

There was also one case where a "childish spat" between two creators resulted in one falsely claiming that the other had plagiarized his work in an attempt to get the others work deleted from the DLS.

So a claim from another party that an asset has been plagiarized is not enough to prove that it has. N3V has to get the opinion of the original creator. But, as a poster above has noted. this does raise the question of what happens if the original creator is no longer with us?

This is not to say that gramma is innocent - he does have a bad past record on this but for long while now he has payed by the rules.

My thoughts.
I don't think gramma is playing by the rules when he is clearly re-uploading old JR payware.

This is just going around in circles unless at least one of the original creators lodges a Helpdesk ticket, with evidence, about their own content being modified and uploaded without permission. Usually this will list the creator's kuids and the corresponding kuids of the illegal copies, so it's easy for N3V to verify.

The usual procedure is that N3V investigates the claim and, if it's verified, sends the culprit a written warning and removes the offending assets from the DLS. If the culprit continues to offend despite being warned, they get banned permanently and all (or a substantial fraction) of their content gets removed, regardless of the flow-on effects. The re-offending usually requires a separate Helpdesk ticket from the original author to advise N3V that it's happened. Don't rely on N3V to keep a running check on the situation, they can only act on things that they are informed about via the Helpdesk.

I've personally witnessed this process in action and been impressed at how seriously N3V takes such cases.

So it all depends on some original creators being made aware of the plagiarism and following through with a Helpdesk ticket. The most that others can do is give the original authors a heads-up and ask them to take action.

`

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back