Edenbridge Tram V2 Release (1440*900)

Is it just me?

Downloaded the map and dependencies but I get 'Map not present or faulty' when I try to open it in TRS 2009.

Re-downloaded and same error.

I am using TRS 2009 base version, (not SP1 or extras)

As I say, is it just me or could this be a base 2009 problem.... or a DLS problem?

Boat, (Mike)

Released!

As most of you are aware, the route has been confirmed as on the DLS.

Paul, I stayed away from viaducts for that exact reason!
Thanks for the link to your content, great help. There are a few errors with some of your content, but still works in 09. Havent checked it in Native Mode though.
Errors being for 'Pole & Wire.....':24002,24003,24202,24203-'colour.texture missing'
Yes I agree, not a competition, its nice to be able to inspire people with the same passions!

As for showing as 04SP3, like Paul said, Auran seem to have mis-catagorized it, infact it should be 09 with the latest patches, which answers your query Boat. If it works in the same way as 06 did, you need to have the latest patch for the route to work otherwise it shows as faulty.

Evan123, I worked in Manchester for 1 year so yes there is a lot of influences from the Metrolink!

Bolivar, effectively I could release in 06SP3, as I mentioned at the begining of the thread 99% of the work was done in 06, although if I did it wouldnt be a polished version but I havent really got the time at the moment to go about doing that.

Enjoy everyone! :D

Edit: anyone missing content can get most of it from this thread
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=41398

Last edited:
Please note - I've just added one extra item to my content link. If you've already downloaded it - do it again!

Paul

Evan123, I worked in Manchester for 1 year so yes there is a lot of influences from the Metrolink

Good luck! Despite myself not being a Manu supporter, it would be great to see the famous stadium in Trainz. I wish you the best of luck. Keep it posted!

Hey dazza1980,

Great work there. Paul will tell you, I'm a great fan of urban scenes and love creating them (though if you don't mind me saying, mine have a little more hills).

I've been a great slacker and looked very little into the content Paul's used, particularly the overhead gear. I'm struggling to find a "normal" tram which has a pantograph type dependency trolley that does not work on rail wire. What are the poles and wiring you have used? I don't mean the arched catenary but the free standing poles and spider web wire you've used (such as in your depot and town clock shots). I've been working on the centre of my layout for some while, landscaped it loads the past few weeks and placed track but no overhead wiring as I've not been happy with what I've seen.

Grats on the town, it looks very nice.

Captain Scarlet

A very fair comment on the lack of hills in my layout, the first Edenbridge layout was born out of laziness!
The majority of the overhead is all thanks to Paul, if you download from his link you will find this most useful. Theres also a few other items I used. The actual wire is a seperate spline called TramTraction Spanwire 5.7m adjusted to the correct height, then for multiple tracks I attached one of Pauls track items 'Pull Off' Then over this I placed a spline called Tram Cat 64 Pole and wire. This, as the name suggests, has the poles either end.
Some of Pauls items are an all in one fixed track item that has both the poles and the spanning wire.
Pull apart some of my spiderwebs to get an idea of what items to use.

Thanks for the comments

Darren

Is it just me?

Downloaded the map and dependencies but I get 'Map not present or faulty' when I try to open it in TRS 2009.

Re-downloaded and same error.

I am using TRS 2009 base version, (not SP1 or extras)

As I say, is it just me or could this be a base 2009 problem.... or a DLS problem?

Boat, (Mike)

Just to clarify if anyone else is having the same trouble...

It would appear that this map will not work in anything less than Trainz Build 38285, (that's SP1 plus the first add-on).

I was going to upgrade to Build 38599 but the patch failed. Now Trainz thinks its 38599 but it only half upgraded so now it freezes everytime I try to run a scenario or a session. Now I'll have to delete everything and start again. Oh Joy!

Out of interest, the reason I hadn't upgraded before is that the increase in frame rates noticed in TRS 2009 dissapears when SP1 is added, (well it does on my computer anyway)

Still, Dazza, your map was great for the few minutes I saw it!

The joys of Trainz, eh! :confused:

Boat

Last edited:
The majority of the overhead is all thanks to Paul, if you download from his link you will find this most useful.
The version you've made your layout makes it impossible for me to download it. I'm going to have to stick to your great screenshots and wait for Paul's items to make to DLS (still in the queue he said I think?)
Theres also a few other items I used. The actual wire is a seperate spline called TramTraction Spanwire 5.7m adjusted to the correct height, then for multiple tracks I attached one of Pauls track items 'Pull Off' Then over this I placed a spline called Tram Cat 64 Pole and wire. This, as the name suggests, has the poles either end.
Some of Pauls items are an all in one fixed track item that has both the poles and the spanning wire.
I've built tram networks before and used scenery poles with spline wires then, a thing I intend to do when I wire Sheffield's tramways up. I am OK with using wiring with built in poles but I would like to know if ornamental variations could be done? I'm unsure if night mode can be added to spline wiring but I'd love to see, examples can be seen here for central poles and here for lateral setting.
Pull apart some of my spiderwebs to get an idea of what items to use.
I would but I won't be able to. I'm curious, how easy is it to have wire junctions with an odd number of poles? I presume the same wiring is also available alone so as to attach it to buildings?

I am really keen on getting me tram network done. It started as a side to the railway network but I'd like both network to be a core activity of the layout as well as décor. Screen shots such as yours and Paul's inspire me a great deal and although bot your layouts are contemporary and mine is sixties based, operation and integration of the tram layout will be the same.

The items I have in the queue are largely an extension of what's in the link I posted a few posts back. They include a number of combinations of pole & wire as trackside objects (differing track centres and post centres). They also include trackside pull-offs and line hangers (meshes by motorman1066) all of which are height adjusted for 5.3m overhead. In addition there is a contact wire spline, support wire spline and stand-alone support pole (meshes all by andi06 - from the same spline as Dazza used extensively in his route). All of these items are designed for 5.3m overhead, usually seen on European trams. If you're running Silversmith's or Motorman1066's trams, your best bet would be track and overhead by andi06, motorman1066, silversmith and michaelwhitely, all of which suits the taller 6.4m wire height. night-mode can't be added to splines, and I don't know if it can be added to trackside objects - there are lamps that can be added to overhead like the pictures, but apart from one by motorman1066, I can't think of any specifically.

I'll be honnest there is not a chance in hell of me using track wiring, wires do not curve, they are maintained by support wires. That's problem I have, with Silversmith's and Andi06's silly system there's no generic British wiring set. I can kitbash easily enough but I don't want to be stuck with a wire as a track and the track below, this also means there are no "normal" British trams, just some with track driving trolleys and pantographs: completely silly. Sorry if I've hijacked the thread but looking at this I want to built tram network as well.

Personally I prefer that my trolleypoles follow the wire. I agree that un-supported overhead curves look awful, but it's not hard to add suitable pull-offs and wire so as to look like this:

Alternatively, you could just use the poles and fittings from silversmith and motorman1066, and lay the wire spline by hand.

On another (and more relevant note) my overhead items have been uploaded successfully, and are now just waiting the final Auran check. I'll take down the storegate link when they are confirmed on the DLS.

Paul

I agree with Paul, especially the curved wires, looks awful!

With little amount of effort you can produce a very nice looking overhead spiderweb.

Nice to hear of some more quality items on the DLS!
Does that mean we will be seeing the mini route soon? ;)

Darren

Jimmyhig69

There is only a default session that has all the correct settings for the ATLS system. I never really had the time to create any real sessions.

Darren

Back