driver to ts09

gary6204

Union Pacific Fan
i wasnt sure were to put this, but

i was wondering if it is possible to take the content from trainz driver and put it in trainz 2009. ive done multiple searches here and didnt find anything that would help.

thanks in advance

Chris

Not totally sure about 2009, but I took a look at my 2010 and as far as layouts/sessions, with the exception of Marias Pass, I think that stuff is all included.

Marias Pass Approach is included (which is only part of the full payware layout) and has these sessions:
Amtrak Nr 7
Cut Bank Wheat Campaign
Shelby Local

The other two routes, in 2010, have all the sessions I see listed for Driver.

thats what i was hoping to transfer over, was the full marias pass (as my parents wont let me buy it:().

Last edited:
copy and paste

Try this go to my computer, next got the primary disk drive for your pc, then got to program files, next the auran file, then just copy and paste all the files your looking for (I'm transfering trs06 to TC1&2 as I type).

Yah my parents are the same but they won't by me anything above $50 because it my problem if I do.

Last edited:
ive tried that, as i saved the copyied everything from the driver folder into the 2009 folder, but nothing happened

I don't have 09, but did it with TC 1& 2. BACKUP everything first.

All I did was copy the DEMO.JA file from the Driver world folder into the world folder of TC. Delete the asset.tdk from TC and restart CMP to let it rebuild the data base. Worked like a champ in TC, not sure about 09.

Like I said backup everything first and try at your own risk. If you have another version of Trainz maybe do what I listed above, open the route and all assets for editing and import into 09 from the editing folder through CMP. You'll get a lot of errors that need to be fixed that way though.

Oh yeah, did I say BACKUP everything first?

Good luck.

Dave.......

I don't have 09, but did it with TC 1& 2. BACKUP everything first.

All I did was copy the DEMO.JA file from the Driver world folder into the world folder of TC. Delete the asset.tdk from TC and restart CMP to let it rebuild the data base. Worked like a champ in TC, not sure about 09.

Like I said backup everything first and try at your own risk. If you have another version of Trainz maybe do what I listed above, open the route and all assets for editing and import into 09 from the editing folder through CMP. You'll get a lot of errors that need to be fixed that way though.

Oh yeah, did I say BACKUP everything first?

Good luck.

Dave.......

doing that now will have results in a liitle bit

EDIT

did not work, retrying

EDIT 2

did not work

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is helpful, but have you rebuilt the assets.tdx database? Do this doing a full database repair. Found under the File Menu in Content Manager.

In TS2009 and up never delete the Assets.tdx file. Always repair it using the menu in Content Manger.

John

i personaly have deleted the assets.tdx file and it repaired like it should and yes, ive done this but i could not get it. i am wondering if its cause i have the merscom version and not the auran edition............... and i have since given up my tries as they all failed.

Gary,

There could be other reasons such as files being locked, etc. The Merscom version is the same as the Auran version. Merscom was the distributor/publisher for the US.

John

Gary,

There could be other reasons such as files being locked, etc. The Merscom version is the same as the Auran version. Merscom was the distributor/publisher for the US.

John

that could also be why i saw no built-in files in its folder :eek:

Back