DRIVE PROBLEM

carr

Hi All,

I had a problem with my train operation which I thought I would share with you which took a few hours to sort out, having run and re-run the scenario.

An express train departs station 'A' runs through Station 'B' and stops at Station 'C'.

Departing behind the express is an all stopping local service which departs Station 'A' about 10 sec later, next scheduled stop is at Station 'B'. Easy right!

Oh no, because each time I ran the scenario the express on reaching station 'B' would suddenly stop for no reason. All signals green an line clear. Message came up to say the express was waiting for track clearance.

After fiddling with the signals and existing track markers for a while. I found the solution> Which was to add an additional track marker solely for the stopping train before Station 'B' which for some reason allowed the express to run through Station 'B' without stopping.

You continue to learn, Strange.

Do you mean track mark, or signal before station B?

A track mark, without a driver instruction, doesn't seem like it would do much, but a signal would be active regardless of driver command.

-Did you check down the line from station C to be sure all switches where positioned correctly for your path...sometimes, AI will not throw a trailing point switch for some reason.

Yes, I put down a track mark for the slow train to run via prior to station 'B' which cured the problem with the express as there was no problem with switches (points) or the signals,which showed the line was clear.

Back