Download issues?

magickmaker

Noticed this recently, and it only seems to apply to a few models, so I figured I'd post it here.

When trying to download models from the DLS (in particular the Plymouth) I find that it gets to the full content of the download, and then stops. Even tried through .ftp, and I still can't get the download to work.

Any thoughts?

No FCT, but let me give you an example here.

I downloaded the Battery Loco 1948 in less than 10 minutes. It's 11.07 MB. The Plymouth ML-8 by davesnow is 11.06. When I try to download it, the thing snags at 11.06 of 11.06 mb downloaded and just freezes with Content Manager at 0/kbs download speed. Same happened for the GMD-1 (when it got to the interior.)

I have a feeling that the non-FCT server may have a timeout issue somewhere along the line, although there is a possibility that it's not installing the content properly.

However, if you are quick, there is usually a temporary copy of the CDP in the <trainz install folder>/UserData/Cache/internet folder, which can be imported using Import CDP. Be aware though that if the asset is for multiplayer use, this may cause the asset to be unusable in Multiplayer.

Shane

Back