Dermmy(Andy's) Legacy

stmsoccer

TrainzForge Advisor
Here is a thread for a man we all like. The idiots of this world have forced him to give up a loved hobby and we have lost a loved friend.
Thank You so much Dermmy, you were a personal friend of this community.

This thread is in his recognition so post pics of his routes for his legacy.

Screen_047.jpg

Screen_046.jpg

Josh

My respects....

I come to the Forum almost every day to keep on top of what is happening in the world of Trainz. I do not recall seeing anything about Andy's leaving but if that is the case, then I hope that whatever the reason, things work out well for him.

He of course has created some of the best routes in which Aurans tracks have been laid on and just about all of us in the world of Trainz has benefited from his creativity and talent. Whether it has been through screenshots of his routes or the routes themselves downloaded (I have enjoyed both) his contributions have been both admired and respected. Time heals all things they say, so maybe we will see him again.

Thanks Andy for what you have given me personally in Trainz. Good luck my friend.

roymac

The Case for his retirement is about a week ago, his site was hacked(probably by a fellow trainzer by his hints) and he almost had it fixed, but it was hacked again. So no longer is he trying. His rules for his content still apply. Anyone have any pics to keep his legacy alive.

Josh

The idiots of this world have forced him to give up a loved hobby
Here I thought I could blame my local residents who fit this term.

The Case for his retirement is about a week ago, his site was hacked(probably by a fellow trainzer by his hints) and he almost had it fixed, but it was hacked again. So no longer is he trying.
Another feud? Seems like once or twice a month someone wants to feud for some reason.
Site hacking makes as much sense as spamming and sending viruses, it just shows whoever did it has a desperate need to get a life.

If it is true that the site was hacked (whether that is the fact, or not) ... perhaps installing a "Register a UN & PW" to "Log In" (like what JointedRail and TPR require), would prevent hacking ?

If I read his comment correctly he was threatened with legal action of some kind over his site or the content thereon, enough so that he consulted a lawyer. Since all lawyers advise you to shut up publically about whatever the problem is until it is legally resolved I think that is exactly what Dermmy is doing at present. I would venture to say he will be back at some point in the not too distant future.

Last edited:
I would hope so. We both knew him well. and it would be a shame to see him go, but he did state there was never a problem with his domain, or rights.

for some reason those last shots of EK3 seem like the last run on he Afton Division of McClelland's old layout. Seems to fit here too... :(

Back