Converting an entire route to 5m baseboards at once?

SAUBER_KH7

Bullet Stream Liner
So to make a long story short: I started creating a new route a few months ago, before I got my new and current PC. I had originally started creating my route in 10m baseboards to cut down on loading times. A lesson learned from my old route, which was all 5m baseboards and took a long time to load. Well now that I have a new PC with an SSD large enough to have Trainz and other large games installed, I discovered that even my old route loaded nice and fast.

Thus, I decided I wanted to convert the baseboards on my current route project from 10m to 5m. Problem is, my route is still rather large, with hundreds of baseboards. So the question is, is there a way to convert all baseboards to 5m at once, or at the very least, several baseboards at once?

Unfortunately there is no way to do that, but there are reasons not to.

If you have already textured your 10 m grid route, you don't want to convert it to 5 m grid. The reason is the textures lose their mapping points and become square patches. I learned this the hard way back when the 5 meter grid first came out.

Unfortunately there is no way to do that, but there are reasons not to.

If you have already textured your 10 m grid route, you don't want to convert it to 5 m grid. The reason is the textures lose their mapping points and become square patches. I learned this the hard way back when the 5 meter grid first came out.
Interesting. That's good to know. Thankfully only a small portion of my route is currently textured. But I found a solution to quickly converting the baseboards. I zoom out just enough to where it's between normal view and satellite view, and click on baseboards in succession. I'm almost finished and it's working good. Made a back up of the route just in case.

I recommend requesting this in the Surveyor 2.0 thread.
I'm not using the beta. But thankfully I solved my issue.:D

Back