CONTZ Pack - Standard Edition

Scottbe8

UMR Pax Sessionz
This asset is now showing up as an update to CHN container yard basic. On top of that, I have to pay extra to acquire it. Is this worth my money, or will updating this asset screw up the route "Multiplayer Industrial"?

As it's payware, I would be cautious. It may become built-in content but may affect your Multiplayer experience.

Shane

P.S. N3V are a bit naughty on that respect by allowing payware updates to be displayed in Content Updates.

As it's payware, I would be cautious. It may become built-in content but may affect your Multiplayer experience.

Shane

P.S. N3V are a bit naughty on that respect by allowing payware updates to be displayed in Content Updates.

Some my say it's the thin end of the wedge and I would agree with them.:eek:

I've raised a ticket on it, as it's both in CM and in the ingame updates. Needs sorting as it's going to be stuck there forever unless you have or buy the Contz pack.

Have a look at the release notes for SP1. It says that payware is now integrated with the DLS in CM.

- In-game Downloadable Content (Payware and Freeware).

Payware DLS system intergrated, products, thumbnails, and prices added.

Scottish

Have a look at the release notes for SP1. It says that payware is now integrated with the DLS in CM.

Scottish

We know that however it should not be showing as an update in the in game update list for those who do not have the payware, I don't want my updates list full of payware updates that you can't do anything with.

We know that however it should not be showing as an update in the in game update list for those who do not have the payware, I don't want my updates list full of payware updates that you can't do anything with.

I now understand what you are getting at, and fully agree.

Scottish

This was my point too. The CM being the delivery method is fine with me, well, I wasn't too keen on "You have to down load everything you bought AGAIN" and the package you had is now useless. Nor do I like being handcuffed to N3Vs servers in the event of an HDD failure, which with my luck will come about 10 mins after N3V closes their doors forever.

hmm, maybe I'm not "fine" with it...

Wonderful. Now I can look forward to my Updates full of little dollar signs. They have NO BUSINESS on the DLS. You want to sell payware, sell it on your Planet Auran web pages and not in my game.

Bill

It is annoying to say the least, makes me think my problems I solved are no longer solved. LAME. Get rid of it, only show it if I own it, which I do not care to! BAH!

Good Morning All
If you have already purchased the Contz pack through either the Auran.com or SimulatorCentral shops, then you will automatically receive access to this pack via the DLC system. However, it may take a little time for us to transfer all orders over.

You will not need to purchase the pack again, however there may be a slight delay before you receive access through the DLC system. It will not prevent you from accessing the version that is already installed.

The items showing in the content updates panel will only show as such if you have the original version installed. If the DLC system hasn't updated your access to that pack, then it will not yet be able to be downloaded. When the DLC system has been fully updated, you will receive access to the pack.

Regards

I never purchased anything at all that had to do with Contz. So, why am I seeing it in my updates? And, if I am seeing it now, will it stay there forever with the little green dollar sign mocking me?

Bill

I never purchased anything at all that had to do with Contz. So, why am I seeing it in my updates? And, if I am seeing it now, will it stay there forever with the little green dollar sign mocking me?

Bill

Ditto. I have many of N3V DLC but never bought Contz so why is it showing for me? If N3V want to show updates to that kind of content then they could do us the courtesy of allowing a filter so we can ignore it.

It should be in the New Content menu.

This happened to me also, i have payware updates for content that i didn't buy.

That's the same for me. It looks like one of ocemy's built-in assets has had an update in the form of the CONTZ pack. N3V really need to stop updates of this type appearing in the Content Updates list for those who have not purchased the addon in question.

Shane

Me too. I have both Ocemy's and Zec's stuff showing. A payware category would help as we could filter it out. My suspicious, conspiracy theory mind wonders if it is a cynical move in the hope that people will click on them by mistake.

... My suspicious, conspiracy theory mind wonders if it is a cynical move in the hope that people will click on them by mistake.

I already did. The first time I just clicked "download all" and it says in the download box that particular asset is payware and not on the DLS. So the one item (Contz) just stays in the list and becomes annoying.

Back