Confusion on what Trainz version we currently play with, to what we've registered.

ex-railwayman

Over the years as we've acquired different versions of the game and registered them on our profiles, the avatar underneath our nicknames has grown according to the number and type of different Trainz versions we have purchased, however, I am now getting a little confused when reading various posts on different threads, chiefly from those veterans of us who have been around for many years and bought virtually every version of the game that's been released, as to which Trainz version they currently play on the most.
My own profile shows me as having games from UTC right thru to TS12, but, I don't play on those versions regularly, my current favourite version is TS2009, so, if I asked a question in general, how would folks know that if I wanted anything to download today, being given answers for a TS12 version download would be unsuitable.
Is there any way that N3V on the forum can highlight the game version we play with the most and are likely to have questions for, or, would it be sensible for everyone to amend their signatures to show their current game version, so, we don't have to guess, or, keep asking them directly for which version they require the information for????

A bit long-winded, but, I hope you all understand.....:hehe:

Cheerz. Steve.

Last edited:
Unless someone clearly states otherwise, I think there is nothing wrong with assuming the most recent version visible under ones name is the version he/she uses.

I like the suggestion of pdkoester; that should clear things up a bit plus you don't end up forgetting to mention it.

Perhaps there should be an added feature which allows users to click on the timeline and highlight the versions they use.

That would then leave the signature available for its current purpose.

If I had 06, 10, 12 ... I would design route trackwork in 06, and later on import the completed 06 route into either 10 or 12.

I would run TS10 if I wanted to avoid TS12 bugz (which may be fixed in a HotFix).

If I wanted to avoid TS12 SP1, I would run TS12 separately installed without SP1

If I had the DLC assets that require TS12 SP1 like the NKP Berkshire, or the Chinese SS4, I would run TS12.

I would post mine (TS12 SP1) in my signature, but my signature is already in use for a specific purpose, and there's a limit of 128 characters excluding BBCode.

Shane

We could use the specific part of the forum relative to our preferred version of the game. That would make things easy. So if you have a question about the use of TRS2009 then post it in the 2009 section of the forum

Regards, Andy

Completely agree there, and that's what I normally do (unless it pertains to multiple versions, or product version releases of my tools in my case)

Shane

Back