Competitive Route Building Registration

Lucky you, Jim:) (and WHAT KIND OF AN ADDON IS 800GB?), but I will have to withdraw from the contest, because I bought a 1-year FCT ticket and the prize is a 6-month FCT! :( Pretty stupid of me, huh?:eek:

Lucky you, Jim:) (and WHAT KIND OF AN ADDON IS 800GB?), but I will have to withdraw from the contest, because I bought a 1-year FCT ticket and the prize is a 6-month FCT! :( Pretty stupid of me, huh?:eek:

No need to stop because of that
if you win the prize it can stay on line untill your otherone is expired
It only starts from the date you activate it :D

Qoute: (and WHAT KIND OF AN ADDON IS 800GB?)
One of those back-up hard drives that been reprogramed to a hard drive.

Looking grim at this end, I seem to have lost intrest in my route, but wether it starts kicking and screaming, I plan to release it in time for the judging, but it maybe minus a senario.

I seem to have dug my grave via payware, as now I am used to the quality, i dont seem to be able to find any stock suitable to my period (2000- onwards)

Any ideas ?

Gangsta_Boi

Looking grim at this end, I seem to have lost intrest in my route, but wether it starts kicking and screaming, I plan to release it in time for the judging, but it maybe minus a senario.

I seem to have dug my grave via payware, as now I am used to the quality, i dont seem to be able to find any stock suitable to my period (2000- onwards)

Any ideas ?

Gangsta_Boi

Its a layout competition, not a session competition. :)

If you have to, make 2 sessions, one with your preffered payware loco's and one plain blank one for the comp.

No need to stop because of that
if you win the prize it can stay on line untill your otherone is expired
It only starts from the date you activate it :D

Oh yeah, I forgot, but that means the prize is useless to me until June 23, 2008. Ah, what the heck, I'll rejoin.

So My Entry (Map) has just been sent up to the DLS for approval
2007RBC Rowhedge

It is a freelance British Rail Steam Theam
contains 1 small station (Rowhedge that has a small Yard/Dock)

The sessions will follow tomorrow
there are 2 sessions

the first is passive and shows 1 hours activity between 10:00 & 11:00
in the morning
During this hour there are 14 movements at the station
1 a down goods train arrivs and breaks out 10 wagons from the middle of the consit; a small shunter picks them up and takes them away to be loaded ( 3 coal/3general goods/4 cattle)
towards the end the up goods arrives and the shunter puts the now loaded wagons in the train.

during this time there are numerous trains ( stopping/through and goods) passing up and down the line.

2 This is the same scene except you drive the shunter and have to pick up the wagons from the down goods load them and get them ready for putting back when the up goods arrives

as they arrive on the down line they have to be rearranged so that the order is reversed for the return trip

I have loaded this today into a clean install of 2006 ( no service pack) and all content required wzs found at the DLS so there should be no problems as far as the map is concerned

I still have to check that all the locos and rolling stock are available before sending up the sessions

How may entires do we have on the DLS so far?
Counting Kelly88's thats 2?

Deadline for layouts is 31st July 2007, so still another month to get your entries in! :)

How may entires do we have on the DLS so far?
Counting Kelly88's thats 2?

Deadline for layouts is 31st July 2007, so still another month to get your entries in! :)

So have just sent up the 2 sessions
But now have a small problem

I have to go to england tomorrow and will be away for 4/6 weeks
I will have my laptop with me but not sure if I will get Internet connection
so will not be able to follow them through the system
Would hate to see them not entered just because they are sitting in Aurans waiting room :'(

So have just sent up the 2 sessions
But now have a small problem

I have to go to england tomorrow and will be away for 4/6 weeks
I will have my laptop with me but not sure if I will get Internet connection
so will not be able to follow them through the system
Would hate to see them not entered just because they are sitting in Aurans waiting room :'(

They just got approved so should be on the DLS in 6 hours from this post.

They just got approved so should be on the DLS in 6 hours from this post.

Cheers Alan
Nice to know it whent ok because I recived the usual failure E-Mails for all of them

This quite suprised me because the passed through CMP here without error; and I put them in a clean install of 2006 no problem

anyway I leave this morning 11:00 flight and not sure hw long will be gone
min 4 and maybe 6 weeks

just look and the route hes been taken 2 times already but not the sessions

Last edited:
Im on my 5th layout :eek: And this is by far going to visually look goog (IMHO) but as for operability, i'll work that out later

Thanks,
Gangsta_Boi

I'm sorry, but I'm pulling out if the competition.

I have lost all hope with any of my routes, and have found myself hopelessly addicted to Test Drive Unlimited.

Good luck with the competition guys,
Gangsta_Boi

Hi all,

Apologies for disappearing for a month - real life caught up. I'll be gone again for a few weeks shortly, but I'll not tell you the exact dates. Unfortunately, the deadline will just be inside these dates, so my own entry will be out on either Wednesday or Thursday. I've gone through a few layouts as well now, but I have confidence in this one - just have to adjust the AI to function correctly - I'll post a message about this elsewhere shortly.

In the mean time, I'll adjust the entry list to reflect everything that's happened recently.

I have a question for you - would it be considered hypocrytical if I was to host the layout on my own webspace, but create a link to it from the DLS. To gather all of the components, you'd then need to drag/drop it into the download pane in CMP.

Good luck all,
BidMod. :)

Back