Castle pics for Tom (and anyone else who wants a butchers!)

Padster

Returned...
As promised, some pics of Padster Castle.

Its a nice sunny day in Castleport (which makes a change!) Pic taken from Mrs Miggins' back yard....standing on her wheelie bin...
IoSRpic7.jpg

Another pic from the back yard, looking down the alley. The rail track is the main Kelston to Salmouth line. Traffic is mainly 158s and heavy MGR trains
IoSRpic8.jpg

Finally, a view from the other side of the castle. I am clearly trespassing here, but what the heck, I own the railway! :)
IoSRpic9.jpg

Thats all for now.
Best wishes,
Padster

Very nice padster that is excellent, one of my friends has been designing a castle for a while may get him to post some screenies of it at some point

Hi Padster I'm Toms mate he mentioned (confusingly I'm tom too). I understand he has been telling you of a little project of mine creating a hogwarts castle for a layout. It's nowhere near what you have achieved though and I can't take full credit for mine which is made up of different bits from DLS put together. I will post some screenies as soon as I can ( being fairly old and ancient I am still learning about doing these sort of things and it takes a while for them to sink in this befuddled brain. :) ).
please be patient I will get the hang of it soon although looking at what you have done I'm amazed, it's fantastic.

Wow, Padster.
The screen shots were beautiful! Both my wife and I were extremely impressed. I wish I could add the castle to my layout; but it would be way out of context in 1940's North America.

... jeez, I may add it any way if its available on the DLS :D .

Don

Don, you have London Bridge in the Arizona desert, what`s to say a rich American didn`t come over here and buy himself a lil ol` English Castle. ;)

Tom, thanks for your very kind comments. The castle was very easy to build using Magandys castle set. All I did was sink the walls a little lower into the ground, because I thought they looked a tad too tall. The walls and towers are freely available, if not from the DLS then off the UK Branchlines website.

Glad you liked it too Don!

Thanks once again, and good luck with Hogwarts!
Best wishes,
Padster

Last edited:
That's a very nice castle. It reminds me of the castle Hohenschwangau in Bavaria. Maybe one day you could make that also.

AJ

Castle pics?
Will Pendennis Castle do?
pendennis.jpg

Oh wait, wrong castle...

Nah, very nice pics there mate. Very nice layout you have there :)

Zec

Hi Padster
At last I think I have worked out how to post images so heres one of my Hogwarts castle composition as promised.
Tom
Screen_003.jpg

Wow this old and befuddled brain got it working so here are a few more of Hogwarts.
Screen_010.jpg

Screen_001.jpg

Screen_006.jpg

Some of the castle shots in the Harry Potter films were taken at Alnwick Castle in Northumberland, despite one castle looking very much like every other Alnwick is still a family home and we enjoyed a whole day there last year. Things like a Simpsons chess set were lying around in rooms full of priceless historical artifacts, the personal touch is very interesting. Despite castles not really being my thing even I really enjoyed myself and recommend that any one pays a visit.

A QUICK COMPETITION

There are several items of interest to fans of railways on display somewhere in the castle. No prizes! but does anyone know to what I am referring? Look forward to hearing from you.

John

Excellent shots tg. Your Hogwarts knocks Castle Padster into a cocked hat! Very well done indeed!

Best wishes,
Padster

many thanks for your kind words Padster. As I said before your Castle padster is great, so realistic compared with my work of fiction and fantasy. I do appreciate your comments though.
Tom

Ah so nobody looked at post 12!:p , so here is a quick bump to see if anybody knows the answer to the question that I posed!:confused:

John:wave:

ps long time no smilies:'(

Last edited:
Back