Canadian Rocky Mountains 2011

Hi bob,
nice picture. You made quiet some progress that is for sure. Keep working on the details and when eg. rock textures look fuzzy on a cliff enlarge the size of the texture to the max in surveyotr and make sure you use tbetter higher resolution textures you find on the dls.
grass and shrubs how sporadic will do the job along the track and little rocks rubble left and right just gives it a stronger impact in the view.

Have fun and a nice week for you and Peg

Roy

The search for the real plant species, it is essential for a great realization of the route.
Beautiful screenshots, Roy!
Congratulations.:)

Hi GianFranco,

thanks for the nice compliments from the master himself:hehe:
Yes those who not appreciate or understand real 3D prototypical route building(with the few buggy tools trainz offer) in the essence will never learn and keep wining and barking, there choice, just ignore them.
You do a great job with the Yukon and did superb job on Donner Pass.congrats my friend!!! You lucky you live in N italy and have easy access to the Sud tiroler Alps with great choice of making 1 st class textures like you used eg. in donner pass.
Here in thailand i have no choice at all because of the different climate and flora.
Be it i do the best i can with what i can make available thru good trainzer friends.
Here a few more shots of trials which not look to bad at all.
You have a great week my friend and stay in touch you still have my email.

bandicam%2B2014-11-30%2B17-43-03-591.jpg

bandicam%2B2014-11-30%2B17-45-16-593.jpg

bandicam%2B2014-11-30%2B17-47-48-001.jpg

bandicam%2B2014-11-30%2B17-48-29-917.jpg

bandicam%2B2014-11-30%2B17-51-55-316.jpg

Roy:wave:

Hello Roy. I was thinking about getting one of your routes finally. They look great! Will they be compatible with TANE since they use pofig's trees?

Last edited:
This is terrible. Dirty snow in the mountains? That's impossible.

:hehe:
Rustam you are funny i know Russia has a lot of snow and for sure Moscow has dirty snow too around the Kremlin. People walk, cars move and slushy and dirty snow piles all over the place right?
But my shots here were taken around 6 in the morning trainz time next time i will take 7 for more light and fresher snow:p

Roy:cool:

@Drickets,

well never to late lol.
how are you long time no talk.
In a few weeks i can tell you if the pofig based CPR Mountain Sub also will be TANE compatible.
The CPR Mountain Sub Seasonal is 100% unless N3V surprises us with easter eggs at Xmas.
if you need more info email me or post on my other thread in the payware section.

Roy;)

:hehe:
Rustam you are funny i know Russia has a lot of snow and for sure Moscow has dirty snow too around the Kremlin. People walk, cars move and slushy and dirty snow piles all over the place right?
But my shots here were taken around 6 in the morning trainz time next time i will take 7 for more light and fresher snow:p

I'm not talking about Moscow or any other city. In the mountains there are no dirty snow. The mountain peaks are always crystal white.

A little bit of summer ...

bandicam%2B2014-12-03%2B11-53-40-413.jpg

bandicam%2B2014-12-03%2B12-16-53-475.jpg

bandicam%2B2014-12-03%2B12-18-56-302.jpg

bandicam%2B2014-12-03%2B12-29-58-267.jpg

bandicam%2B2014-12-03%2B12-32-15-962.jpg

bandicam%2B2014-12-03%2B12-35-50-364.jpg

bandicam%2B2014-12-03%2B12-35-54-290.jpg

ps1MeD9n3d1kKsVmgC-30w3EFJz2wahsr4dRkH-demE=w1598-h953-no

bandicam%2B2014-12-03%2B15-30-44-943.jpg

Rustam the mountain peaks are white, the tree snow cover could be more white, i will forward to Jan the request if other people agree it looks to grayish dirty. i still think the overal atmosphere is looking pretty good for a start.
Please dear viewers I spent at least 1-2 hours to make each time i post "good looking pictures" for the forum to enjoy, so to post for you some constructive,informative information (takes less than 5 minutes) to improve or just say ok would help us all.

Roy:wave:

Roy

Your route exhibits incredible attention to detail even far beyond the tracks. I have all your routes and spent several hours just after first installing them running your route on a big monitor and tracking it with google earth on another monitor. Leaving the tracks and following small dirt roads I found various camps, roadside parks etc. which were in exactly the right spot, but wouldn't be seen by the casual train driver. I feel that a route with this much detail can be enjoyed be Trainz enthusiasts both simply driving a train or going off and enjoying the rest of the scenery.

The route detail may have come too soon for the current version of TS12 to handle with ease, but hopefully TANE and future versions will allow the true beauty of these routes to be appreciated. There will be shadows, proper snowflakes, localized weather etc. Creators will produce seasonal versions of many more assets even rolling stock and locos.

Your current winter version does suffer from the lack of sufficient seasonal assets. In the last picture there is an electrical box and dirt road with no snow at all surrounded by the "dirty snow" and the absolutely pristine snow on the track and ballast. I think your new version of the route must be thought of as a WIP. There will always be newer/better assets to replace the existing ones, but the quality of the overall route make these updates well worthwhile.

If you tried to make a realistic picture of the Kicking Horse Pass after a massive snow fall it would be very boring. Everything would be the same pure white with no contrast and we would need snow goggles to prevent blindness.

Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing the pictures, but could you show a couple more with fall colour around Golden BC.

Glenn

Hi Roy ---

I definitely agree that the snow shots are pretty good overall, especially for a start. That said, while I don't have a major problem with the snow on distant mountain peaks, I do think that the snow on the trees needs to be much whiter, and it would be nice if a little more of the green on the evergreens was showing through. I like the way the snow covers the ties on the track, but I find the contrast between the glare white snow on the tracks and the dirty grey snow beside them quite jarring, especially since I would have naively expected that the snow would be dirtiest over the tracks, becoming cleaner as you got away from them. Finally, it would be nice if you could get the dirt roads to be snow covered, as in my experience they tend not to ever be completely cleared in winter. Just my $0.02 ... :)

Hi all, that what i was looking for once in a while some good constructive posts thanks. i not see these posts as critisizing but understanding we start something very exciting.
Yes the snow is a texture more difficult than all the others. i have to do deal with those Jan provides and he will be back in January the earliest to change some of the grayish looking snow trees.
I need a lot of seasonal objects and splines to have stuff little bit or more snow covered it is simply not yet availalble except a few.
first i make all the tracks half deep or just covered snow and next step will be dirty snow near curves and most on switches.
As glenn said this is WIP and should be seen as a first step towards more and more detail that is more correct.
Snow caps in TS12 is just not working the way we want so wait for TANE if that helps.
Dirt roads snow covered i do later next week so again this is WIP. signal mast and light cover snow caps would be nice and snow on the sight of the mast but that is for next year.
ALL objects need some kind of snow cover but I cannot provide right now yet.
Overall i think we have more than a good start as sometimes little adjustments changes distract the eye away from other yet to do or not avialable snow covered items.
Summer is much easier but i love winter thems most.
i hope my effort is apIpreciated and supported and yes monthly updates will be made avaiable as this is a continued effort to get things better and replaced by newer one's.
For those waiting for the Canmore Calgary section from the Laggan Sub yes that is at moment waiting until Jan 1st to continue too in full force.
Never a dull moment.

thanks again for the very constructive comments.

Roy:)

Glenn,

when your run my routes on the big screen do you run GE gps tracking on google linked or seperate?
Would be nice to have a gps link from trainz to GE and use GE for tracking and other purposes espically in my proto routes very useful.

Hi Roy ---

Pic #4, I think the solid band of orange trees by the track would look better if you mixed in some of the always-green trees, much like you did on the far bank of the lake. Maybe mix some more of the orange trees into the lower slopes of the trees, too? The right foreground of pic #1 is a good example of what I'm thinking of for that.

Last edited:
Roy

Thanks for posting the pictures of autumn colour. I'm sure there will be more variation in both colour and even timing of colour change available as more tree modelling becomes seasonal as a matter of course. I like the idea of releasing the new route ASAP and then providing updates as more appropriate assets become available.

I wasn't aware of any method of linking TS12 to Google Earth in Driver mode. I was just curious when first running your route why you had created and placed so many objects far from the tracks so I checked out a couple of spots and was impressed that the roads and assets all were accurately place. Linking the two in real time would be a great way to learn/teach geography.

Glenn

Glenn,

i am very much aware that i am not even close to the real seasonal aspects of our world but i thought if i would start with what few tools and libs available we have a starting point and update monthly based upon kind of "pick of the month", new or just found seasonal objects, splines you name it.
Trainzers have to understand it takes a lot of energy and time even to make or attempt to make seasonal objects and routes so patience and appreciation and help to make and find is key to success.
About a link of driver ts12 and GE is not excisting I know of, but i could imagine there could be a way to do this not to far in the future.

Roy

Back