Calling Davesnow

dzien50

Hi

Great Genset locos you've created but would it be possible for you to redo them to either include a driver or have the ability to add one of the games drivers.

I have this weird thing that I just cannot run locos that are driverless, it bugs me to see an empty cab. ha ha

Cheers
PJ

I don't and won't add drivers to my locomotives. They all look too "plastic" to me. I try hard to make the locos look as realistic as possible, then to go and add a goofy-looking driver seems IMHO to take away from what I've created.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave
Thanks for quick reply.

You create some lovely items which I thank you for and respect the position you take on adding drivers, although I cannot agree with it. Personally I would sooner have a " goofy " driver than none at all.

Cheers
PJ

Since you are here, Davesnow, maybe you can help me solve a problem. I cannot successfully download 80-90% of your content. If an item does make it into my computer it is in red and indicates that the asset is faulty, whatever that means. When I try to add it to my board nothing appears. The only assets of yours I have been able to successfully download are a yellow mobile home, one frame house and an old water tower. I cannot download your many stores, houses and industries. I am using Trainz 2009 with a FCT. Do you or anyone else know how I can solve this proplem?
Tsteger

That could be a build number conflict, I don't think all of Dave's content is made for 2009. Try changing the build number in the config file if you find it is for a later version of Trainz.

That could be a build number conflict, I don't think all of Dave's content is made for 2009. Try changing the build number in the config file if you find it is for a later version of Trainz.

That's exactly it. 99% of my stuff is Built for TS12.

Success ... sort of. Thanks to Euphod's tip and your confirmation, I modified the "faulty" config file and suuccessfully added a grain tower to my route. The only problem is that I forgot how I did it. Once I fix that I am looking forward to adding many of your fine creations, such as The Twelve Stores and Barn#3. Wish me luck,
Tsteger

Back