C44-9s and ES44's for 2010

skidmark22

Retired MX Mis.Test Pilot
Are there any C44-9's and ES44 freeware loco's that will work in 2010?

Also for TRS 2009, I downloaded some CSX locos from USLW by Nikos and their are missing the following KUIDS.

38408:10112
38408:10113
38408:10115
2:45324:80001:1

The CM2 says it can't find them on the DLS. Anyone got any suggestions as to where I can look?

Not sure which you downloaded. There are dependency packs at USLW for their GP40's and SD40's. Try those they should be in there.

Dave....

Edit: Check the config files carefully for 2:45324:80001:1, if I remember it is an interior. At least one of the locos has it in the config but not needed, I saw a post a while ago stating it was left over after changing the interior and could be deleted.

Last edited:
Strictly for 2010? No, but you can find some good ones at www.Sporbust.com and at www.Jointedrail.com <----JointedRail is Payware mind you, but well, well worth it. You can also find a wide aray of engines at www.worldoftrainz.com They bost many prototypical features. To answer your question though, no, there are none stricly for 2010.

Take care,

Ryan:wave:

(They all should work in 2010 with no problem, although I would check first, so please, don't quote me)

Strictly for 2010? No, but you can find some good ones at www.Sporbust.com and at www.Jointedrail.com <----JointedRail is Payware mind you, but well, well worth it. You can also find a wide aray of engines at www.worldoftrainz.com They bost many prototypical features. To answer your question though, no, there are none stricly for 2010.

Take care,

(They all should work in 2010 with no problem, although I would check first, so please, don't quote me)

I dont' care about the "strictly for 2010". I am just looking for ones that work. Sporbust stuff doesn't work in 2010. Something to do with textures and I don't think I want to buy something (payware) that might not work either. I will check out the last link. Thanks for the info.

PS: I am finding very, very few of the locos I have in TS2009 that I can even see in 2010. Nearly all don't even show up on the screen in railyard. Invisible locos, compatible and native.

Last edited:
I'm sorry. I didn't pay attention. My apologies. The last link is Payware also. I'll go look at SP's forum. If I find someone who has them working, I'll let you know and we'll help you get them to work. I'm sure someone over there has them working.

Take care,

you could try the texture converter to get the Sporbust ones to work. the ones at jointedrail do work in 2010 native or compatibility modes.

Ok but i still dont get this on the missing dependences in stuff. I mean how do you fix it?

Last edited:
Most of Sporbust diesels can be 'fix' to work in TS2010 by simply using PEV's PM2IM on the loco mesh files.

Bob

You don't have to do anything to get Franks locos working in TRS09. CM2 reports errors, but just leave the locos as downloaded, commit them and they will show and run as intended.

The 'Missing Content' thing is easily fixed:

1. Don't overlook the small text links at the head of each column of thumbnails.

2. Check the DLS for anything missing from the download.

3. If something is still missing, download other similar locos from higher up the page. Frank generally doesn't include bogies etc, if the same thing is in an earlier model.

Andy :)

You know what I hate about the game. It makes me feel really stupid. You guys (and/or gals) who have been with it from the start make it sound so easy. Oh, all you have to do is convert (or edit) the texture files. I know how to get to the config files and change bogeys etc. but when it comes to texture files and using the PM2IM converter, it is totally greek to me. Where in the Heck do you even find the texture files to convert them? I haven't the foggiest idea. STRESS, STRESS, and more STRESS. It is much easier to just hit the delete key.

I am surprised that some of you who talk like editing config files and converting textures is so easy hasn't made a short video on the subject and put it on Youtube.

Last edited:
Yea i am used to MSTS and RW but i dont have a clue on how or why do you have to edit a loco to make it work. Could anybody make a short video on this.

Its only easy once you learn how to do it. I have a permanent indentation the shape of my desk in my forehead from trying to learn how to do it, and it didn't happen over night. There should be a content creation guide in your program file. Taking a little time to read through it to get the hang of how assets are structured first helps quite a bit.

Dave......

There should be a content creation guide in your program file.

Dave......
Been looking for that one for about a year. I haven't come across it yet. Would it be asking too much for at least a hint as to where in the "program file"? I am guessing it would be somewhere in the TS2009 folder which happens to be rather large. Does a "needle in a haystack" ring any bells? I did a search of my whole computer for "content creation guide" and got zip pretaining to Trainz. HELLO???

Last edited:
Never mind. I wouldn't want you to make it easy for anyone outside the clique. I found this :

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz

I will start there and if I learn anything, I will be sure to just keep it to myself. On second thought, I am going to make it my mission in life to learn as much as I can and make video tutorials for youtube so future newcomers won't have to deal with the clique.

Last edited:
C:/program files/Auran/TC (for me)/Docs/manuals_cd/extras/CCGTC.pdf.

Anything else you want me to keep hidden from you just let the rest of the clique know and we'll put it on the list.

Dave.....

Back