Big Problem

Hi

I have both Trainz Simulator 2004 and 2006.I run Windows XP.My computer is a AMD Athlon 2400 with 2GB of ram.All of a sudden I cannot access either Surveyor or Driver layouts in Trainz.The 2006 program lets me click on Surveyor or Driver and it starts to show the layout,but then a blue screen with alot of writing on it, which I cannot read,comes up on the screen.What has happened?

The 2004 program comes up with a message That" Your computer hardware and or software is unable to communicate directly with Trainz.

Is it a "Driver" software problem,if so can someone tell me a download program that can see if my drivers are out of date and if so can fix the problem without asking for fees to pay.Some programs I have seen on the internet wish for people to buy there program to update Drivers.Is there a free program somewhere?

The other Train Simulator "Microsoft Train Simulator " works so what is the problem with TRS2004,2006.My local computer shop thinks maybe a Windows update has caused the problem.TRS2006 Diagnostics show the Video drivers uptodate.
It is so frustrating,can anyone help?

Thanks
Robert2004
Thanks

Hi

Yes both TRS2006 and 2004 worked fine until recently.I have deleted both programs and re-loaded them to no avail.

Robert2004

Hmmm, not a lot of info to go on, but here's a couple of ides:

1. You don't need software to update drivers for you. It's been a while since I've used XP, so bear with me. Right-click on Desktop, then go to the last tab on the right (Settings?) and press the Advanced button, then Drivers (I think). This tells you what kind of vid card you have (either Nvidia or ATI (AMD) and what version your drivers are. Then go to either here or here to get the drivers you need. Download & install, then restart.

2. Your RAM may be bad; I've seen this type of behavior. The only reliable way to check this is to replace the modules one at a time, then re-run Trainz. Have a friend or trusted shop help if you need it.

3. Try going to an earlier point in time using System Restore Point. Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools.

Good luck! These kinds of problems are often difficult to diagnose, so be patient and try to isolate the problem through elimination.

Darrel

Do a system restore to before the last batch of updates windows usually makes a restore point when installing for this very reason. If this doesnt work and the error is still there check the memory. i dont think it is an overheating problem because you can run msts and unless you run 2 hdds i dont think its that. You havnt recently installed new hardware have you? and roughy how old is the system?

Thanks
Nathan

Last edited:
Open the trainz options folder and insert the following line -intro=disable this may work as the video has changed and wont work with some updates.

Hi Stagecoach

Where exactly is this options folder I need to insert this line-intro=disable.I cannot see anywhere to put that line in the only options area i know under start in TRS2006.I have tried the restore program but still with the same result.I have changed a few things in my computer lately because of breakdowns.One of my two harddrives needed to be replaced,but the 2 Trainz programs were on the harddrive I did not replace,but my Windows XP was uploaded again as it was on the replaced harddrive.My computer shop copied files from the old harddrive to the new one.Trainz was working fine when I got the computer back.I then had to replace my monitor with a Lcd flat screen 21.5 inch-is maybe the settings not right as it was about this time I started having problems.Just the other day I has to get another Ram card as one of the 2 was bringing up error messages on start up.

On start up now I ger an error message-MOM Implementation Version 2.0.3343.28330 Culture+neutral Public k
Key Token 90ba9c70f846762e or one of its dependancies cannot find file-any idea what thats about

Thanks
Robert2004

Back