Does the save function work?

zuluking

I have two drivers with the same name and if you change them after saving they revert to old drivers.
The other problem is if you change a loco the session route instructions are lost when you run driver with message "driver under manual control". If you remove loco and session rules and redo them the situation remains the same.

I always go to Drive Session, change the drivers 'get rid of those Blondes' otherwise we'll have chaos on the rail network or unwanted disruptions that may cause delays.
Setup the commands while the drive session mode is paused, then I save the session. Exit and then go and drive the session 'It works for me'. Same with the other way of setting up a session, just that what annoys me the most is the drivers keep changing to drivers I just don't like.. mostly those blondes!!

Like Phil, I do it the old-fashioned way and create an actual driver-session just as we did since the early days. I set up my commands, consists, and everything there and use that as a base to create other sessions on.

I do use the UDS for testing though. I find it great for checking signals, crossings, and other things that require a check before continuing on with the route. but I have found editing while in driver gets messy and I end up with drivers starting in the wrong place and other things messed up so I don't edit in Driver and only in Surveyor.

Like Phil, I do it the old-fashioned way and create an actual driver-session just as we did since the early days. I set up my commands, consists, and everything there and use that as a base to create other sessions on.

I do use the UDS for testing though. I find it great for checking signals, crossings, and other things that require a check before continuing on with the route. but I have found editing while in driver gets messy and I end up with drivers starting in the wrong place and other things messed up so I don't edit in Driver and only in Surveyor.
Re editing in driver: You are right that editing in driver creates problems (unless you pause first). My experience is that if you don't pause before going to surveyor, the trains continue to run but they just run blindly (not obeying the session instructions) until they get stuck somewhere. And if you don't realize this and save the route and session, you now have a mess.

Re editing in driver: You are right that editing in driver creates problems (unless you pause first). My experience is that if you don't pause before going to surveyor, the trains continue to run but they just run blindly (not obeying the session instructions) until they get stuck somewhere. And if you don't realize this and save the route and session, you now have a mess.
Yup and I learned the hard way too. I'm so glad I have backups. The other issue too is the layers you have to ensure you are on the route-layer when making route adjustments, otherwise things end up on the wrong layer as I found out also. UDS is still unfinished like everything else we have with Trainz.

Back