Best North American Engine Sounds

socalwb909

Photo Creator
-Like to get a list going of the best Trainz locomotive engine sounds rather its steam, diesel, electric, etc. Please leave a pic, link or a description on how to acquire the sound asset(s).

-Here is a list of GE locomotives and the engines that power them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GE_locomotives

-Here is a list of EMD locomotives and the engines that power them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GM-EMD_locomotives

-To start off, on the DLS, author bicotz, has some excellent GE 7FDL-16 diesel engine sounds.

- www.Jointedrail.com of course has excellent sounds of all types, GE and EMD.

- Joe

Last edited:
I though about listing all the high detailed freight, and loco trucks available on the DLS, and on 3rd party sights, so that people could see screenshots of them ... see the exact names of the assets ... see the exact kuids of the assets ... and see the exact websites of where to go to get them.

Perhaps you, and others, could help compile this list of Trainz Engine Sounds, so that people could see screenshots of them ... see the exact names of the assets ... see the exact kuids of the assets ... and exact what websites of where to go to get them (althoug it is hard to see an engine sound) :hehe:

socalwb909: Is this strickly diesel or can we do steam??
-Steam is welcomed too!
Perhaps you, and others, could help compile this list of Trainz Engine Sounds, so that people could see screenshots of them ... see the exact names of the assets ... see the exact kuids of the assets ... and exact what websites of where to go to get them (althoug it is hard to see an engine sound) :hehe:
-This can be done fairly easy with win7 snipping tool.

-Joe

Well since we can do steam and diesel I'll nominate TUME's EF1 electrics' sounds :hehe: The first time I heard them roll by I got goose bumps.

normhart you were looking at the girl down the streetLOL.:hehe:..........I like the Engine Soundz by wva/usa

Wow, looking at the Wiki page I never realized how little I know of locomotives, all this B-B C-C stuff is rather confusing.

Author berez, EMD 20-710 sound, plus EMD 16-645E3.
Mutanay does 1, available at JR.

Last edited:
Like Fran mentioned, FDL sound Kyle and I made is on JR, sounds the best when you have a full system with a subwoofer to get the deep sounds.

-Bringing this back from the dead.

-I'm slowly coming back, finding time for Trainz. Any new engine sounds out there?

-Joe

I tend to use the G7 steam engine sounds especially on the 4-6-2 pacific and up to the larger steam engines.

RR Mods has some nice engine sounds for the EMD 16 645. And the one that comes with JR's freeware UP Desert Victory SD40 is also excellent, though very different. I will also echo the endorsement of berez's GEVO 12 sounds.

Back