Auto Shadow in Trainz Game Environment

IndianTrainz

Dear All,

As per my knowledge SpeedTree is 3rd party integration with Auran Trainz through Trainz Native Interface it adds rich real world visualization to the game by its animation. my question is, whether it is possible to add auto shadow dynamically to the game engine which aromatically generates the shadows to each and every object in the game ?

Thanks & Regards
IndianTrainz

The answer is that N3V does not find the desire or need to have the SpeedTree Program cast shadows which is can do so.

The right answer is, if extra shadows are enabled in Trainz, this will create extra penalties in performance. So much so, it might bring Trainz to stutter or even almost to standing still.

Hence only shadows for "Traincars" are supported, although these shadows are "stencil shadows" and look often cr@p in Trainz.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

The right answer is, if extra shadows are enabled in Trainz, this will create extra penalties in performance. So much so, it might bring Trainz to stutter or even almost to standing still.

Hence only shadows for "Traincars" are supported, although these shadows are "stencil shadows" and look often cr@p in Trainz.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Thanks for responding me,

Sir, the concept is not creating extra shadows to Trainz ( "Traincars" ), concept is to handover the work of generating shadows automatically to Trainz Game Engine not manual creating shadows to individual objects (Traincars). Suppose in surveyor mode if we select a non shadow object(TrainCar) to place on ground (track)the game engine itself generate the shadow for that object.

(if anything wrong, please excuse me)

Thanks & Regards
IndianTrainz

Last edited:
the answer is yes, it can be done but they do not see the need for it. a decent shadow map shader could be added with hardly any performance cost, but it is not on the priority list.

Back