Australian screenshots

more done,
couple of bugs to iron out
then beta
86ingame2.jpg

cheers
pete

The Dreaded Railway Department Inspector Is Here!!!!

Hello All

Dear Ghosty

By the way its Michael but trainz89 is alright. I have modelled the South Coast Line (Southport Section) From 1943-1960 becuase in 1961 the Tweed Heads line closed caused by a Departmental mistake and coupled with Government pressure to rip up so called "Dead" railways.:(

I run my Route according to the QGR timetables of the late 50's
with the added Picnic trains but some train was called from Ferny Grove
(51 down special) to take passengers to the 4BH picnics at Southport and usally double headed by 2 1924 PB15's and 15 carriages!. I wish to have chat with yourself about something trainz related.

A bit of nice but friendly advice from the old QGR Commisioner;
Try creating a 1960 scene with the older C17's which were know to run to ferny grove on suburban passenger trains, while getting Dreddmans lovely BB18's hauling green Ekka carriages to and from Lota while employing PB15's on regular SCL trains from Central and placing one Brown Bomber on a Toowoomba bound frieght. :D

Reason QR didn't have many diesals at the time and by following this might make people here smile:)

P.S Hey patchy when are you going to release your Samford Route?

Kindest Regards
M.Gitsham
QGR Commisioner​
Trainz89

thanks, just some friendly adivce there, no need to quote with pictures think of those that do not have fast internet and the time it takes to load those shots in quote.

regarding era its mid 60s to mid 70s or there abouts. The Salisbury South Brisbane area still requires a large amount of time and my attention. I have yet to decide if i go Petrie line or South Brisbane once i complete Ferny Grove.

cheers

ghosty

Michael

I have carried out a fair amount of research for my map. I have spoken to people in the know and have consulted several books on the era to try and get my work as close as i can to the era. If i had set Ipswich and beyond in 1960 it would look different to what i have set, the Corinda to Roma St section woudl have been two tracks with the additional two under construction they opened in 1963. by using 66-76 era that allows a mixture of steam and Diesel locos to be used before steams demise on 21/12/1969.

Now regarding Ferny Grove, in steam era tender engines rarely worked beyond Mitchelton due to the fact that
1) Ferny Grove did not have turning facilities
and
2) tender engines had speed restrictions on them when running tender first that were not suitable for passenger trains, thats why runs to places like Oxley Zillmere Goodna Wacol Ferny Grove just to name a few were run by D/DD-17 tank engines.

so far i have created the following runs to go with the map with several more to be prepared.

Ipswich to Central/Goodna/Pinkenba/Shorncliffe/Ferny Grove/Petrie/Mitchelton.
Central to Oxley/Wacol/Goodna/Darra/Redbank/Ipswich.
Central to Mitchelton/Ferny Grove/Pinkenba/Shorncliffe/Zillmere/Petrie

And here is a shot of a Taringa after i changed the overhead station.

thanks to image shack for hosting this picture.

cheers

ghosty

Ghostryder, that shot looked absolutely stunning!:udrool:

By all that progress you've displayed, I must assume the route is just around the corner...

Great Work, looking awesome!

Happy Trainzing,
Scott;)

Scottling

thanks, i am happy with the way it is coming along, its still a ways from being finnished. All i can say is watch this space for updates and future screenshots.

cheers

ghosty

ferny grove-dayboro

trainz89,
the dayboro route i was working on had a major malfunction
lost everything except the route itself
got from dayboro to closeburn then "kaput" 06 decided to edit the route
lost intrest after 6 months of hard work

cheers,
patchy

hi patchy

i now open cmp and open for edit my route and session
then i go to the editing folder and copy them over to my usb stick.
i will never loose all my work again this way

only 1 days worth

i had everything backled up in a different folder on the same hdd

bad mistake when it crashed and burned

cheers
ron

42211 and 42206 lead a short freight made up of Two IHG Guards Van and a BSV sheep van and a BCW cattle wagon towards Jacaranda Flats.

These are wonderful additions to the Aussie scene, to davido i say thanks for making them and for releasing them.

cheers

ghosty

hi patchy

i now open cmp and open for edit my route and session
then i go to the editing folder and copy them over to my usb stick.
i will never loose all my work again this way

only 1 days worth

i had everything backled up in a different folder on the same hdd

bad mistake when it crashed and burned

cheers
ron
hi ron,
this malfunction was caused by Trans Dem it was a simple fix by moving the
the map out of 06 and putting somewhere else
have everything backed up on external hdd
i got it on a disc somewhere but my filing system not out of the text book
i'll dig it out one day
in the meantime cloncurry to mt isa taking up most of my time

cheers,
patchy

I would like to wish a trainz veteran a very Happy Birthday.

NormP i hope you have a wonderful and great birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NORMP

cheers

ghosty

flewy69er

The 442 was built by Davidt.

The locos in my screenshot are the 422's made by and previously displayed by davido and 3830.

cheers

ghosty

Letter To The Ipswich Workshops

Dear The Darling QR Trainzers

The old QGR Commissioner has a some friendly advice regarding the problems with 06 & DEM. I good investment would be......

Trainz 09/10

I am using this and it may have its limitations like list tabs but overall its GREAT!!!!!:hehe: :D

Dear Ghosty,

Thanks for historical context and my appologies if i got some information wrong. QR C17's used to run to ferny grove until 1955 when the Samford Line closed and Dayboro had a large Turntable which they used to turn Locomotives on trains from Roma Street but also Central.

Lastly Could I have a copy of Dreddmans PB15 for my SCL and Patchy I could help you out with the Dayboro route or whats left of you work????

From the QGR Commissioner........:cool:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NORM P

I wish to have a swell birthday and night. You have made a huge impact on the Australian trainz scene and keep on rolling down the railwway line.

Kindest Regards
M.Gitsham
QGR Commissioner​
hi ron,
this malfunction was caused by Trans Dem it was a simple fix by moving the
the map out of 06 and putting somewhere else
have everything backed up on external hdd
i got it on a disc somewhere but my filing system not out of the text book
i'll dig it out one day
in the meantime cloncurry to mt isa taking up most of my time

cheers,
patchy

Hello Aussie Trainzerz!! :)

I have been working on my 1970s and early 1980s themed route, and am, looking for content for the 2005-2010 version of the route. I have downloaded about 3 different V/Line N Class Diesel Locos. I was wondering, are there any of the current locos and passanger cars, used by V/Line avaliable or in production??

Thanks, SARRailways :)

Back