Australian screenshots

I'm having quite a lot of fun with this actually

Problem is motivating myself to texture them lol.

I'm going to keep the ped crossing lights and call buttons separate so I don't have to make several different variations.

Last edited:
They look great mate! I look forawrd to seeing them in game.
Would you consider doing some NSW Level Crossings, both road and Pedestrian? That's another area we are short in as at the moment I use the VR ones from Jerker. Some NSW ones set up the same way would be awesome. :)

Hi all, just a quick one.
Cheers, Baz.
1ad76a0738fc8e0d275b849c38ada34e.jpg

G'day Everyone,
Some really good shots lately, keep em coming. Just a few from me.

PN 9026 and 8175 with empty wheat wagons between Springhurst and Wodonga late afternoon.
bcfa1f491f3bd9a4d3844bdb20430e23.jpg

14029d08c7aa5c79de5c80693f81d5c4.jpg

b3b198275e6518110247b0e4ddb87e73.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Really nice shots Graeme. You've picked a good mix with your trees which gives a natural Aussie 'feel' to them all.

Good work mate.
Cheers,
Roy

A one off Pipe Traffic conversion to a ESX.

azervich_20161106_0002_zpsphhsv9i6.jpg

I've had the ESX's finished for a while, just never got around to exporting them out of trainz, I'm putting two per day on the DLS, one BG/SG per version, once the 1971+ versions are uploaded the next batch will be the 1974/75+ with the Metric Weights then the 1979/80+ recodes, however I won't be releasing the VOEX rebuilds to the DLS just yet, I want to do those in batches as they where converts from ELX/VOBX before ESX/VODX where converted.

Cheers.

Great work everyone!

The Coote Industrial/Greentrains RL class are now done. They are on their way to the DLS so should hopefully be available within the next week or so.

rl_greentrains_coote.jpg

Keep up the great work everyone!

Cheers,

Matt

G'day everyone.
Thanks for the encouragement Roy. Matt, the new liveries for the RL's looks great.
Finally into Wangaratta, but still a few things to do between Springhurst and Bowser, mainly more trees and some fences. It's amazing what can be done with three days solid building.
Here's some shots of the results.
42286 & 42250 hauling a RACE train out of Wangaratta on the SG back in the early 80's
491228b6c82e78c3fcb65f4a3532f9e2.jpg

64fa66f5c05192787a8d7ef1e793aea0.jpg

Ovens River floodplain
e9e8cdf19e05e4788b3e9f7b463de9c3.jpg

05175ed986cf8734ab67f2714f9c095e.jpg

Approaching Bowser junction
8af9a3d9df25a463fdb62b405a2a994e.jpg

218f48acc5af4c2b185c95a1dd30055f.jpg

Cheers,
Graeme

Last edited:
It's nice to see a Tuscan 422 leading the freight. I was always partial to that class and had several on my old HO layout (which is gone forever).

Great shots Graeme.

Cheers mate,
Roy

As usual, great shots Graeme. Okay let me in on it, where did you get that bridge mate. It's very much like the 'old' bridge at Como on the Illawarra line.

Cheers,
Roy

Thanks Roy. The bridge is on the DLS, (Albury Rail Bridge) one of Ben Dorsey's creations which he offered to build for me. He has also done the old bridge at Wagga for this project, which I am about a month away from being able to use. There were 5 of these types of bridges built in NSW in the late 1800's.
cheers,
Graeme

Cowra bridge that is like this is also on the DLS
Thanks Roy. The bridge is on the DLS, (Albury Rail Bridge) one of Ben Dorsey's creations which he offered to build for me. He has also done the old bridge at Wagga for this project, which I am about a month away from being able to use. There were 5 of these types of bridges built in NSW in the late 1800's.
cheers,
Graeme

Thank you Graeme, I'll make good use of it.

For the past few weeks, I've been working overtime re-furbishing my Sydney Central & City Circle route. Replacing and re-laying track (not historically), catenary, signals, stations, scenery, etc. I wanted to improve and speed up traffic flow in and out of Central by simplifying driver commands and only used track-marks when it was absolutely necessary. Overall, it does run smoother now.

So, shortly I'll release 'Version 3' directly to anyone who would like it; BUT it won't be available on the DLS.

Here's a video I took today.

Cheers,
Roy

If anyone is interested, "Version 2" got the 'flick' when frustration got the better of me. I always believe in the saying "Move-on".
Roy

Evening all,

Thought I would share this seeing so much attention on recreating Sydney's rail system. I've been using this for a few years now when replicating various sections across the network. It contains a lot of information useful for more accurate recreation that definitely bring routes to life. Just download whatever are you need a have a scroll. Poisition isnt 100% on point just use google maps or http://maps.six.nsw.gov.au/ (what I use due to closer views and mesurement tools etc). Enjoy and bookmark!

https://railsafe.org.au/diagrams/drivers-route-knowledge-diagrams

Cheers
Michael

Back