Australian screenshots

I started to do some but getting good clear square on front images without the front fence is the problem.

Thanks Dave, Trying to find them would be like searching for hen's teeth on Bondi Beach. I haven't seen any images around without a front fence so far.

Cheers, Roy

My last efforts are on the DLS called A Basic House (mixed version numbers). if we had a brilliant skin / texture designer the rest would be easy
Thanks Dave, Trying to find them would be like searching for hen's teeth on Bondi Beach. I haven't seen any images around without a front fence so far.
if we can
Cheers, Roy

My last efforts are on the DLS called A Basic House (mixed version numbers). if we had a brilliant skin / texture designer the rest would be easy

I appreciate those assets Dave. Every one just adds a little more flavour to the soup. They'll fit in nicely.

2016_10_10_162134.jpg

Now looking for single level Federation Houses.

Cheers, Roy

the photos you posted are almost usable - if you could find some without cars, bikes, front hedges or powerlines.
and both sides of semi detached we are on a role if the ones above are suitable and good enough
asmile.gif

I might have to troll real estate sites
asmile.gif

do not forget the kiwi houses that might suit http://www.trainzone.co.nz/pioneer.htm
plus the stationmaster and crossing keepers cottages by natvander

I appreciate those assets Dave. Every one just adds a little more flavour to the soup. They'll fit in nicely.

Now looking for single level Federation Houses.

Cheers, Roy

Last edited:
the photos you posted are almost usable - if you could find some without cars, bikes, front hedges or powerlines.
and both sides of semi detached we are on a role if the ones above are suitable and good enough :)
I might have to troll real estate sites :)

do not forget the kiwi houses that might suit http://www.trainzone.co.nz/pioneer.htm
plus the stationmaster and crossing keepers cottages by natvander

Thanks Dave for the info, and I'll put those assets on my list as well. I'll commence a search myself and let you know if I find anything.

Cheers,
Roy

G'day All,
Some from me of a container run from Ettamogah through to Henty

6:05am Containers ex Ettamogah
4a38b528f7e25b2cfbb4c424f964aa86.jpg

5cecc709b5f3593588f394a48eac5a40.jpg

Passing through Gerogery
327e22862be11fc06e6c9796124335a1.jpg

Coming into Culcairn
a6da07372ae8648e12a87bb827b6f829.jpg

Passing through Henty on the loop line
69acd7fb105d993fb8649d2080dae2e5.jpg

cheers,
Graeme

Roy, are these what you might be looking for?
I built these ones today
2016-10-11%20164632_zpsio6yhpmo.jpg

2016-10-11%20165215_zps93e1y5qf.jpg

Yes thanks Steve,... These can be useful as a base model and easily decorated with fences, hedges, a tree, motorbike, graffiti or a garbage bin.

In fact, a double window on the ground floor would make it spot-on!

Great work, mate.
Roy

Thanks guys, I do like running morning and afternoon sessions as the shadows and lighting look more realistic than midday glare. Still hard at it and now have track laid to Glenrowan in the south and Uranquinty in the north. Texturing and basic detailing is done from Springhurst through to The Rock. I thought The Rock was difficult to get right but it has nothing on Wangaratta, still not 100% happy with it but it will do for now. I have developed a real aversion to retaining walls and multi level stations, but that's now a battle won with more skills gained.
cheers
Graeme

A little more scenery work on Taggy's Sydney route. I'm creating 'blocks' of housing which can be placed in selected suburbs. A couple of screenshots so far,...

2016_10_12_142718.jpg

A guy unloading stock for the corner store in one of the back-streets of Newtown.
2016_10_12_143209.jpg

It's 'garbage-day' and the bins are out.
2016_10_12_143058.jpg

At the other end of the street, a local bus stops for passengers - And at the back of the shop, skips are being filled with piles of junk.
2016_10_12_143029.jpg

2016_10_12_142840.jpg

Another 'back-street' where the local artists have made their mark on an old warehouse.

Cheers,
Roy

Roy, wow..... :udrool:

Michael, looks good mate. There are a number of gaps and slight mistakes in Nats signal pack and some of them don't like TANE. I cant wait to see what others you come up with. :)

Its great to see the growing interest and activity in NSW and Sydney based layouts and the excellent content and scenery being created and posted in this Forum - keep up the great work please.

Ive been working on a Sydney Metro based layout for several years now, gradually adding and extending the route and adding most of the metro lines. My focus has been trying to get the rail/track infrastructure as close as possible to the real thing and installing signaling to allow for AI Driver running which probably does not reflect the real world – however it works in Trainz. Ive used TransDEM to create the basic landforms and Geo-referenced UTM tiles from Google Earth to trace and install track. Ive also used data from the NSW Curve and Gradient documents to try to get the topography and track as close to the real thing.
To date the layout covers.
City Circle – North Shore line stopping at the SHB.
Central Station. – all platforms but work still needed on the track junctions.
Western line to Strathfield, then North to North Strathfield, Granville to Parramatta, then via Fairfield to Cabramatta and Liverpool.
Metro Light Rail from Dulwich Hill to Sydney CBD
Southern line on to Malden/Douglas Park via Glenfield, Campbelltown.
Bankstown Line
East Hills Line
Carlingford Line
Illawarra Line to Wooli Creek
Freight Lines through Sefton, Chullora, Lidcombe to Sydenham and Port Botany.
As many depots, stabling and works areas as possible.
Ive installed several Portals at the various ends and have been able to generate & run up to 20+ consists over the route for several hours without too many issues. This also helps to iron out any signalling or track problems.
I’m now running the route in TANE-SP1 on a Windows 10, (64Bit) system and it seems to handle the load well with good frame rates etc. The route will merge with my Picton to Goulburn route and can be extended with mine and other routes to Albury is desired. I have tested a combined route which includes most of the NSW based routes merged into a sinlge layout and this also runs nicely on my new PC under TANE.

I’m, waiting for TANE to settle in a little more before continuing the work which is now mainly adding more scenery more for effect than realism and fine tuning the track layouts. I appreciate the effort required to produce some of the stunningly realistic images posted here but my focus has always been on ‘operations’ and driving. Any scenery which cannot be seen through the Drivers window is not essential in my world which is why I dont bother posting screenshots.
The work continues and one day it might hit the DLS.

PG

Hi Peter, nice one. I'd just like to take the opportunity to thank you for all the great routes you've done over the years. I know I still run on them and i'm sure a lot of others do as well.
Great to see you're still creating mate.
Take care, cheers,
Baz.

Nice work on the signal there Michael! Great to fill in the gaps of the currently available NSW signalling. If you need help with the scripting, send Davido an e-mail as he did the scripting for natvanders signals.

Looking forward to the finished product!

Cheers,

Matt

Back